News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy A12 review: Budget Samsung smartphone with NFC and huge battery life

Started by Redaktion, February 23, 2021, 20:48:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Samsung's entry-level Galaxy A12 smartphone combines a powerful 5,000 mAh battery, a large display, and a quad-camera setup with MediaTek's Helio P35 SoC. Find out if the overall concept is convincing and which compromises have to be accepted due to the low price in our review of the Galaxy phone.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-A12-review-Budget-Samsung-smartphone-with-NFC-and-huge-battery-life.523299.0.html

MarekL

Hello. Nice review. Just one question. Does display really flicker at brightness levels of 20% and higher as stated in the text? Or at ≤ 20 % brightness setting as stated in the Screen Flickering / PWM (Pulse-Width Modulation) section?
If I set up e.g. 50%, will it be flickerfree? Thank you!

Tammy (Samsung SG)

MarekL,
this PWM craze is soon to be over, and you'll feel really stupid for caring about it.
Nobody was reporting any "headaches" in the 15 year that we had flat LCD's, then one website brings up these 3 god damned letters, and everyone's suddenly an expert in low-voltage signaling.
Just get the damn phone, Marek.

Stephanie Chamberlain

Quote from: MarekL on February 23, 2021, 21:40:24
Hello. Nice review. Just one question. Does display really flicker at brightness levels of 20% and higher as stated in the text? Or at ≤ 20 % brightness setting as stated in the Screen Flickering / PWM (Pulse-Width Modulation) section?
If I set up e.g. 50%, will it be flickerfree? Thank you!

Thanks for pointing this out, MarekL! You are right; it's at brightness levels of 20% and below. The review has been corrected and should update shortly.

- Stephanie

Internet

Quote from: Tammy (Samsung SG) on February 24, 2021, 13:19:29
MarekL,
this PWM craze is soon to be over, and you'll feel really stupid for caring about it.
Nobody was reporting any "headaches" in the 15 year that we had flat LCD's, then one website brings up these 3 god damned letters, and everyone's suddenly an expert in low-voltage signaling.
Just get the damn phone, Marek.
You are just trying to sell that flickering garbage.

MarekL

Thank you Stephanie!
Tammy - I don't have headaches often. But I felt eyestrain in the past, especially I suffered from dry eyes. Now since I have had no PWM device (laptop, smartphone, TV...), my eyes are much better. I use drops sometimes, but it is much less often than before.
I got this phone from my operator for a cheap price. Although it is worse than my 2 years phone, it has some advantages. So I just want to know which brightness settings is ideal for my second phone. That's all.
That's why I like reviews here. I can read about details which are not measured anywhere else.

yay

Quote from: MarekL on March 01, 2021, 21:25:35
That's why I like reviews here. I can read about details which are not measured anywhere else.
Finally, someone who appreciates what this website does for people! Almost everyone I see on this website is complaining because of its bias. While I do see that some articles are biased and most likely paid by the companies to promote their products, the problem is that they don't mention it! Other than that, I love that this website goes so into detail about almost every topic. I've been finding that the speaker graphs are a very good representation of what the speakers can do

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview