News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Super Nintendo Switch arises from the ashes of the Switch Pro with 4K support, DLSS upscaling, PS4 power, and even an alleged 2021 launch according to new rumors

Started by Redaktion, February 23, 2021, 12:49:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

More leaks in regard to the oft-rumored Nintendo Switch Pro, which is more likely going to end up being called the Nintendo Super Switch, have started appearing in online forums. It seems the Super Switch will have similar capabilities to the PS4 and will utilize Nvidia's DLSS technology. One supposed insider claims the Nintendo Super Switch might be announced in 2021.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Super-Nintendo-Switch-arises-from-the-ashes-of-the-Switch-Pro-with-4K-support-DLSS-upscaling-PS4-power-and-even-an-alleged-2021-launch-according-to-new-rumors.523981.0.html

Spunjji

I'm interested in what hardware Nintendo would be able to use to get DLSS into a switch-sized platform.

The only off-the-shelf candidate I'm aware of is Xavier, which would be an odd match given that it's *three times the size* of the 118mm^2 T210 in the original Switch (let alone the 16nm T214). The 10W variant only uses half of the CPU cores and down-clocks them to 1.2Ghz, and its partially-disabled down-clocked Volta GPU ends up with roughly the same FP16 performance as T214. It does have Tensor cores, at least, but it's not clear the performance needed for DLSS is there.

Either this rumour is bunk, or Nvidia has come up with a brand-new custom SoC for Nintendo. That would be quite the development if it turns out to be the case!

capnkimo

these switch pro rumors have been so dang persistent since the switch launched. ill care when Nintendo themselves confirm its coming.

Arthran

If this is true at all, then it'll be what I've been saying for at least a year now: that it'll use the Tegra Xavier NX which has the Switch's codename right there in its own name. Using that chip would actually get them maybe above MX150 or GT1030 levels of GPU performance which would actually be slightly above PS4 (probably when docked and overclocked though, since Nintendo will want to drop performance for cooling).
I was starting to think that Xavier NX was actually a red herring and that Nintendo's true plan would be to release a Tegra Orin based Switch 2 in 2023-2024 that would essentially give them a portable Series S.

Mitchell Whitmer

"Rising from the ashes" isn't what I would call, "brutally outselling the PS5 and X Box Series X because they aren't flipping in stock".

Scrizzlebit

Super Nintendo Switch would be an awesome name. Nostalgic. Like going from nintendo entertainment system to super nintendo entertainment system (NES and SNES). It would make sense. NS and SNS :D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview