News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD crowd-sources evidence for the fast-emerging 500-series chipset USB issue

Started by Redaktion, February 21, 2021, 21:26:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD's official Reddit account has posted requesting reports from users about an increasingly well-publicized issue in which USB devices installed in or attached to 500-series chipset motherboards disconnect randomly and without warning. It seems to be fairly constant across this range and across board manufacturers.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-crowd-sources-evidence-for-the-fast-emerging-500-series-chipset-USB-issue.523253.0.html

kek

In b4 "Shintel bribed those motherboard makers to create those issues"

Anyways, nothing new on AMD side of things, there have always been hiccups here and there, hopefully they will manage to fix it soon. It would such a shame for them to take like 1 year to solve this

Alex46633774

In the bios, Swich from gen4 to gen3 the pcie mode for the GPU fix the problem for me.

t4n0n

Quote from: Alex46633774 on February 22, 2021, 03:35:18
In the bios, Swich from gen4 to gen3 the pcie mode for the GPU fix the problem for me.

That was the prevailing advice I found when I had difficulty getting a VR headset to work with my MSI Tomahawk x570 motherboard.

Luckily, before I tried that, I found a thread where someone with the same MSI motherboard suggesting trying a specific USB port on the rear I/O, which ended up working without any problems, so it's worth checking every USB port, if you have the patience.

Sjoer van der Ploeg

I've got an X570, have a multitude of USB devices connected directly or via extenders at all times.

Never had an issue, I'm on Linux and dmesg doesn't show anything odd with USB devices either.

abc

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview