News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Images of Rocket Lake Intel Core i9 packaging leaked: The i9-11900K is so fast its box can't keep up

Started by Redaktion, February 20, 2021, 11:20:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Pictures of the packaging for the upcoming Intel Core i9 members of the Rocket Lake-S series have leaked online. While some of the top-end parts get typically blue boxes in Intel's updated livery, the speedy i9-11900K gets unusual packaging that has led some to comment that AMD and Ryzen 5000 has already crushed it.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Images-of-Rocket-Lake-Intel-Core-i9-packaging-leaked-The-i9-11900K-is-so-fast-its-box-can-t-keep-up.522885.0.html

camwang

Pankaj bhagal

Is this better than ryzen 9 series which have 12 cores and 24 threads and having a better processing and graphics. Because in benchmarks ryzen destroyed i9 in multi-core processes

Philly

Nice to see extra costs added on for gimmicky packaging. I spent a lot on the 9900k because my previous 9600k seemed to be bottlenecking my RTX2080 gpu, and so saved for the 9900k, but really I feel the extra cost just went into a stupid packaging waste.

Brandon Z

And to add insult to injury, you once again need a new motherboard for Intel's latest chip! No thanks Intel... They screwed all of us for years and now they spend more time on packaging and bogus performance claims against Apples M1 then actually stepping up multicore performance! I've got a B550 and 5800X and I couldn't be happier and when Zen 4 comes out, unless DDR5 has become the norm, I'll upgrade my CPU and use the same motherboard again. I'll never buy Intel again and their stock is only going to continue to drop. All of the value in that company is in their IP.

NC

Quote from: Brandon Z on February 21, 2021, 17:37:10
And to add insult to injury, you once again need a new motherboard for Intel's latest chip! No thanks Intel... They screwed all of us for years and now they spend more time on packaging and bogus performance claims against Apples M1 then actually stepping up multicore performance! I've got a B550 and 5800X and I couldn't be happier and when Zen 4 comes out, unless DDR5 has become the norm, I'll upgrade my CPU and use the same motherboard again. I'll never buy Intel again and their stock is only going to continue to drop. All of the value in that company is in their IP.

It uses the same socket as the previous one, which still sucks but it's not new for just this chip, and you realize the people that work on packaging don't work on the actual chip, right?

Intel stock is near all time high, actually look things up instead of parroting AMD fanboys

Desertsweeper

I will buy one, if it is available at retail pricing. I have given up on my pre-order for the 5900X too many months later. Will flog my x570 mobo and go back to blue if they are readily available at decent prices. I'm happy to compromise a little on performance.

joe mcginnis

Everyone in the comments sore they have shitty rigs, Its ok to budget ball guys! Not everyone can have the best. :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview