News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Alder Lake-S sample crashes and burns on UserBenchmark with a 0.8 GHz clock and puny bench but AMD fans shouldn't celebrate just yet

Started by Redaktion, February 17, 2021, 13:34:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

An Intel Alder Lake-S processor has been spotted being tested on UserBenchmark, where it recorded an average boost rate of 0.8 GHz and was awarded with a 24.9% average bench. But before AMD fans start celebrating the untimely demise of Alder Lake, it seems likely that the 12th Gen chip's hybrid architecture is fudging the numbers.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Alder-Lake-S-sample-crashes-and-burns-on-UserBenchmark-with-a-0-8-GHz-clock-and-puny-bench-but-AMD-fans-shouldn-t-celebrate-just-yet.522527.0.html

Kingkongsfinger

Harrykonstantinos

I'm far too young to be saying saying "the world's gone mad" this much.

"AMD Fans shouldn't celebrate yet"

First of, what the folk is an "AMD Fan", why would you be a fan of a cpu maker, I'm a fan, a fan of whichever does a better job for the money at a given time. I get you may not like a companies business practices, but let's be honest they're both scum...(rebranding old crap year in year out, shame that had to let an even shittier company take the crown, ala cupertino)

Why would you celebrate, desktop parts are all the same and basically come down to newer compatibility and value, and as great as ryzen 4 was, their lack of oem support meant your choice was abysmal (also, vega...seriously, and why not make a 4 core cpu with vega 16+, could've made a beauty for low cost mobile gaming).

AMD Fans....jesus. I'm looking forward to Alder-lake, all specs show a great move forward (finally) and unlike AMD you might actually get these in laptops. What dumbass actually got happy that it showed a .8ghz clock, since the same logic would suggest that they're releasing a 0.8ghz desktop cpu and a 27.5ghz laptop one....but...BEFORE 'INTEL FANS' START CELEBRATING....

hfm

Quote from: Harrykonstantinos on February 17, 2021, 22:53:16
I'm far too young to be saying saying "the world's gone mad" this much.

"AMD Fans shouldn't celebrate yet"

First of, what the folk is an "AMD Fan", why would you be a fan of a cpu maker, I'm a fan, a fan of whichever does a better job for the money at a given time. I get you may not like a companies business practices, but let's be honest they're both scum...(rebranding old crap year in year out, shame that had to let an even shittier company take the crown, ala cupertino)

Why would you celebrate, desktop parts are all the same and basically come down to newer compatibility and value, and as great as ryzen 4 was, their lack of oem support meant your choice was abysmal (also, vega...seriously, and why not make a 4 core cpu with vega 16+, could've made a beauty for low cost mobile gaming).

AMD Fans....jesus. I'm looking forward to Alder-lake, all specs show a great move forward (finally) and unlike AMD you might actually get these in laptops. What dumbass actually got happy that it showed a .8ghz clock, since the same logic would suggest that they're releasing a 0.8ghz desktop cpu and a 27.5ghz laptop one....but...BEFORE 'INTEL FANS' START CELEBRATING....

You can't get clicks unless you feed the corporate tribalism narrative to get people frothing at the mouth.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview