News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

ZOTAC antagonizes an army of gamers as it promotes a parade of Gaming GeForce RTX 30 Series White Edition cards as ready for crypto mining duties

Started by Redaktion, February 17, 2021, 08:11:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Hong Kong-based video card maker ZOTAC has uploaded an image on Twitter that has already been met by considerable ire from gamers. The picture shows a lineup of White Edition GeForce RTX 30 Series cards that look like they are hooked up as part of a huge mining rig. Tags in the tweet are aimed at gamers but the caption is definitely for crypto miners.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/ZOTAC-antagonizes-an-army-of-gamers-as-it-promotes-a-parade-of-Gaming-GeForce-RTX-30-Series-White-Edition-cards-as-ready-for-crypto-mining-duties.522102.0.html

Owen

Well miners pay higher price and buy more cards than gamers, I don't see why Zotac is to be blamed here. After all, they are a business of making profit. Currently, there is a global shortage of hashing power, so miners will prevail.

Videojam

DarkPlane

Any AIB that sales their stock to only builders and miners should resonate with any consumer. It speaks loudly to consumers and gamers in a very insulting way.

Any AIB (or manufacturer) helping enable this should simply not show up to future gaming or event cons. Sure, the brain dead derp-derps will sell out but any legit enthusiast should not give them any respect.

impulse

my mining rig is full of zotac cards and a zotac mining specific motherboard. love the company. GPUs are not JUST for gaming and if they were that would be a terrible waste. GPGPU use cases have been around for a long time. the shortage was here before the crypto bull run even started but no one wants to take that into consideration. got to have someone to blame and whine about i guess.   

dude what

Quote from: impulse on February 18, 2021, 09:52:53
my mining rig is full of zotac cards and a zotac mining specific motherboard. love the company. GPUs are not JUST for gaming and if they were that would be a terrible waste. GPGPU use cases have been around for a long time. the shortage was here before the crypto bull run even started but no one wants to take that into consideration. got to have someone to blame and whine about i guess.

Are you for real? A freaking miner talking about WASTE?
Gaming is the number 1 entertainment industry on the planet, worth multiple times cinema and music piled together even before the pandemic, creating millions of jobs for diverse talents.
Crypto on the other hand does nothing except consuming unacceptable amounts of power (more than entire countries) to mine money that, generally speaking serves no other purpose than greed. 99% of cryptos are pump and dump/get rich quick schemes or full blown pyramid schemes, the very definition of WASTE.
And when the price of your fictional coin crashes in the next few months you'll flood the market with strained gpus, crating more WASTE from a WASTEFUL project that in the meantime burned through enough electricity they could have powered the entire world with.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview