News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

XDA Developers and Fxtec smartphone goes belly up as switch from the Snapdragon 835 to the Snapdragon 662 causing a six-month shipment delay

Started by Redaktion, February 16, 2021, 22:02:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Pro1-X by F(x)tec and XDA Developers was supposed to arrive next month and with a Snapdragon 835 SoC. However, supply problems have pushed the device's estimated delivery date to August 2021 and forced F(x)tec to use the Snapdragon 662, instead.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/XDA-Developers-and-Fxtec-smartphone-goes-belly-up-as-switch-from-the-Snapdragon-835-to-the-Snapdragon-662-causing-a-six-month-shipment-delay.521670.0.html

Logoffon

kek

lol what a mess they did. I am actually wondering why XDA didn't suggest going for 845 instead? Or perhaps something of the 7xx series.

662 for 700$ is a scam lol.

OSwaldo

Well the 825 was just the newest flagship cpu they could get when they designed the phone.
Now they can't just take the 845 that would require them to redesign the whole PCB'n stuff. I also am doubting they can even get a 845. This is mostly reserved for bigger players.
In the end they had not much choice. the 625 was the one CPU they could get from their factory with all on it they needed.
The PCB that was designed for the 825 for them is not even their IP, so they can't even get the 825 somewhere else. It is all very complicated, and as a small player you are basically f**ked...

nemo

If it where me i would have never gone to qualcom in the first place.

Would have gone for another company even if it isnt exactlly on equell footing as the top of the line snapdragon... wonder why there is so little competion in this part of the market?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview