News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Leak reveals solid performance gains for the upcoming Intel Alder Lake laptop and desktop processors, likely not enough to beat AMD Zen3+

Started by Redaktion, February 16, 2021, 17:04:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sources close to Moore's Law Is Dead claim that the Alder Lake-U CPUs with up to 6 big cores and 8 little cores can deliver double the performance of current Tiger Lake-U models, and the single-core Alder Lake performance should be 20% better over the Rocket Lake CPUs. The top desktop Alder Lake CPUs with 8 big cores and 8 little cores may thus beat AMD's Ryzen 9 5900X models in multi-core loads.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Leak-reveals-solid-performance-gains-for-the-upcoming-Intel-Alder-Lake-laptop-and-desktop-processors-likely-not-enough-to-beat-AMD-Zen3.521403.0.html

8&8

Pfffff Rocket lake is useless architect, or they started to put extreme series inside K series or will continue to eat dust left from AMD.
They must go using N7 node with HBM2 cache with X3D/MCM arc.

JayN

JayN

Quote from: 8&8 on February 16, 2021, 19:03:36
Pfffff Rocket lake is useless architect, ....

Useless Rocket Lake is like a Comet Lake, but with new Cypress Cove cores, pcie4, avx512. dlboost, Xe graphics and support for faster memory. 

Intel has lots of fully depreciated, mature 14nm capacity, so they should be able to build a bunch of these and keep their fabs busy.

Bogdan Solca

DigiMan

Hello, my current laptop is 9 years old and I need a new one. I want a laptop with great CPU and eGPU. Basically a bit future proof.

Should I just wait for Adler lake/Zen3+ or go with Tiger lake H 8core/Zen3? Or is intel 7nm/Amd 5nm out next year?? because if so I could wait another year...

_MT_

When will you finally get it? You can't compare TDP from Intel and AMD. They're not the same thing. AMD's TDP is a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy where a big factor determining TDP is their assumption of how good a cooler you're going to use. If they assume poor cooler, the TDP will come out low. If they assume good cooler, TDP will come out high. Without changing any parameters relating to a processor. It's really rather hilarious. And they actually use this to create different TDPs. So, are you buying a weak cooler because it's enough or because they assumed you would? You should look it up. You'll have a laugh. They took useless to a new level.

I'm not saying AMD won't be more frugal. But claiming so based on TDP is idiotic. It shows you have got no clue.

_MT_

Quote from: DigiMan on February 17, 2021, 00:49:38
Hello, my current laptop is 9 years old and I need a new one. I want a laptop with great CPU and eGPU. Basically a bit future proof.

Should I just wait for Adler lake/Zen3+ or go with Tiger lake H 8core/Zen3? Or is intel 7nm/Amd 5nm out next year?? because if so I could wait another year...
It's unlikely there will be any laptops with Ryzen supporting Thunderbolt eGPUs in the near future. If you want eGPU, it's either Intel or a laptop with a proprietary connection.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview