News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII: desktop-level performance with AMD Ryzen 5000H and mobile RTX 3080 at under 1-inch thickness

Started by Redaktion, February 16, 2021, 16:16:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new Prometheus XVII gaming laptop series comes with advanced features like the enhanced thermal design that supports overclocked Ryzen 7 5800H processors coupled with 150 W RTX 3080 mobile GPUs. All inside a 0.98-inch thick chassis. It also includes the Control Center 3.0 suite that lets users easily tweak CPU PL settings, custom power and fan profiles, GPU wattage etc.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Eluktronics-Prometheus-XVII-desktop-level-performance-with-AMD-Ryzen-5000H-and-mobile-RTX-3080-at-under-1-inch-thickness.521402.0.html

Eldar

Tong Fang. Though they offered some Clevo chassis in the past, they are now selling rebranded Tong Fang pieces mostly

Jose Hidalgo

It looks like a great laptop, and I'm considering buying it. Unfortunately I'm concerned about the currently proposed configurations, and not being able to select the CPU and the GPU separately.

We can only select either a 4800H + a 3060, or a 5800H + a 3080. That doesn't make sense from a technical point of view, it's just a sales/marketing decision. What if I wanted a 5800H + a 3060 ? I have no need for a 3080, but I need a 5800H.

The same thing could be said about RAM and SSD. There's no technical reason for forcing users to pick them together (either 16 GB + 512 GB, or 32 GB + 1 TB).

I hope the manufacturer can consider this and give users more freedom to select the configuration that best suits their needs in the near future.

Ahlixemus

It's a really good laptop considering everything, but that 65 Whr battery is puny for that horsepower it packs and will barely allow it to even be classified as a proper laptop that can be used for even half the day.

havefun

before 4800H with RTX2060 cost US$1249.95
price for 2060 was ~300$, and now similar spec laptop with 3060 cost 250$ more. is 3060 6GB worth 550$ ?
for me its overpriced

Joseph

I'm still in dead love with my Eluktronic RT1x (Intel i7 - RTX 2070 Max-P). They make great machines! I'll be skipping this model but will definitely be checking out their next models.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview