News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Chatreey AN1: An affordable mini-PC with AMD Ryzen APUs

Started by Redaktion, February 12, 2021, 21:38:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Chatreey AN1 is a comparatively affordable and compact mini-PC based on recent AMD Ryzen APUs. The mini-PC supports both M.2, SATA drives and has plenty of I/O.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Chatreey-AN1-An-affordable-mini-PC-with-AMD-Ryzen-APUs.520030.0.html

nobitakun

I will never understand why people think $456 is affordable. What does affordable mean? good price for the hardware or someway cheap regardless of its use? if it's the first option, I agree, if it's the second, I totally disagree. We are not in 2009 anymore when mini computers were expensive, we are in 2021, where mini computers under $200 are powerful enough for daily tasks without issues. AMD will never be cheap in the mini computer range, so Intel it is. I think AMD is just playing dumb because Intel didn't catch up, so they have excuse to charge you $500 for a mini computer.

I don't like Intel at all, and for regular desktops AMD is aeons better, but for mini computers it's just Intel or nothing. I hope the new low cost Tiger Lake's punches AMD in their face so hard that they start to make low power cheap CPU's for that market, because the price of the AMD embedded CPU's are just a joke.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview