News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Do not buy the Motorola Razr 5G if you want regular software updates

Started by Redaktion, February 09, 2021, 17:56:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Razr 5G may combine nostalgia with a compelling design, but Motorola is letting it down with awful software support. With a vague promise of Android 11 at some point this year and six-month-old security patches, the Razr 5G is a tough sell at US$1,200.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Do-not-buy-the-Motorola-Razr-5G-if-you-want-regular-software-updates.519540.0.html

henr

I don't mind to have one even with a delay of six months updates...who cares about them anyway....

Jo3

Hwan

I absolutely love my Razr 5g. I received an update in December. You may want to contact Lenovo about your update being stuck on the Aug update. That or maybe you're just trying to direct sales to that galaxy flip link instead. Which if you're a fan of the Razr, you know that the external screen is the best part of a flip. So that will be a hard pass on that Galaxy flip.

James Scott

All moto phones r like this. It is a fine thing because moto android is so simple, and less updating means less glitches. :-\ I've had moto g, moto Z play, and moto Z4 experience has been the same with all 3.

Jim Russell Friesen

My Moto G Fast just got the January 1 security update after not getting any update for 3 months. I'm waiting hopefully for not to long to get android 11....but my moto g⁷ play that i had took till september to get android 10 which was just after pixel phones got Android 11.

LOL

Photography on Motorola phones is terrible, a dealbreaker for most people.

If you want to buy a Motorola phone, buy an extremely cheap one. Don't care about photography, don't care about specs, just need to have a decent battery life, okay build quality and basic functionalities.

No one should pay more than US$400 for a Motorola phone.

Updated

Mine was updated in December. Seems like a real journalist would have done a little bit of research before making a sweeping statement.

Kes

Same here, got the December update. Are you sure it's not a particular issue with your device?

Steven motofan

I love my Motorola razr 5G. Like some of your other commenters I've had Motorola since the original Droid and I've loved each and every single one of them. While it's cool to have Android 11 it's not a deal breaker for me. Most people couldn't tell you what version of Android they have nor do they really care. As far as your comment about Motorola cameras you are a mistaken. Maybe it's the person taking the photo and not the camera itself. Pics taken with my Moto z3 and the Hasselblad Moto mod have helped me win photo competitions against big DSLR cameras. Just sounds to me like you're negative on Motorola and that's too bad.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview