News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Gargantuan iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 sales help Apple almost erase Motorola and Alcatel from the US market as the Pixel 4a and Pixel 5 just keep Google alive

Started by Redaktion, February 07, 2021, 10:52:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A Counterpoint report has stated that Apple managed to sell over 9.5 million iPhones in the US market alone in December 2020. This gave the iPhone 12 maker a huge 64% of the market share, leaving Samsung in second on 20%. Google managed to claw back some share thanks to the Pixel 4a and Pixel 5, but Motorola and Alcatel are firmly in ZTE territory.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Gargantuan-iPhone-11-and-iPhone-12-sales-help-Apple-almost-erase-Motorola-and-Alcatel-from-the-US-market-as-the-Pixel-4a-and-Pixel-5-just-keep-Google-alive.519175.0.html

Rinnnn

Fishfire

Lol. So. The US? Who cares? The US isn't the market leader in phone sales anyways. Let's look at the big picture. Worldwide percentage. Samsung 22. Huawei 14. Xiaomi 13. Then Apple at 11.

Sam Medley

I'm more curious about total sales revenue rather than units sold. Samsung leads the world in units moved, but I have a strong feeling most of those are Galaxy A or other budget series. Apple only sells higher-end smartphones ($699 and up nowadays). I'd imagine their smartphone revenue is substantial in the world market despite mostly selling in the US with some European sales.

Dylan Ash

When my mom went to buy me a phone, she got a two-for-one Samsung deal from the store.  I think it is unlikely that Apple will be able to compete with deals like that  :) !!!!!

Pixel 4a FTW!

I've tried the iPhone 11 (can't imagine 12 being much different after 1 generation) and also the flagship Motorola Edge+. The iPhone 11 / Edge+ were both trash. Apple and Samsung sell well because of marketing budgets. I'm currently on a Pixel 4a and can't recommend this phone enough. Budget < $350 phones are the future, it just doesn't make sense anymore spending $700+ on a device which will be replaced or stop getting updates in 2-3 years. It's just so polished. And this is coming from a Google / Android hater who jumped on the bandwagon early during Nexus One / Froyo era. Almost every issue that Android had in the early days is fixed. The poor cameras, the lack of storage, the lag, the touchscreen issues, etc etc. It's unreal how good this camera is under low light. It's actually better than budget point and shoots and replaced my scanner. This is like apple but on steroids, the took the apple level polish and took it to another level. And the best part is that you get to keep the best parts of Android as well, which in the past were so poorly done in execution that they were almost gimmicky. I also thought I needed a bigger screen phone but after actually using one, it's just silly having a phone that big next to your ears, too heavy too. And it makes one handed usage almost impossible. It's also not big enough to be worthwhile for the stuff that would be better suited to a tablet use case. Typing on the touchscreen keyboard I've less errors than on the iPhone 11 (a decade ago this wasn't the case). Honestly, if Google just cared more about their budget pixel line up and marketed it more this thing would outsell anything from apple, Samsung or anyone else. I was worried about lags and gaming using a weaker soc. But after using this 730g chipset and 865 and apple I can barely tell any difference. Playing ppsspp is awesome on this thing as the speakers while they don't get too loud are very good quality. It's amazing the amount of the amount of software processing and tweaking Google has done on this phone. Lastly, despite it's small battery, I'm getting 6-7 hours screen on time. This is with heavy usage wifi only airplane mode @ 90% screen brightness. Probably could get closer to 9 hours on lower brightness with more casual lighter usage. Over night it discharges about 4% after 12 hours. If you don't use it much with the screen on, just for listening for podcast / audiobooks it'll probably last for days and standby time weeks easily. Thanks for reading my review. This probably reads like a sponsored advertisement, but I'm honestly just really impressed with it. :)

Josh

Quote from: Fishfire on February 07, 2021, 14:28:54
Lol. So. The US? Who cares? The US isn't the market leader in phone sales anyways. Let's look at the big picture. Worldwide percentage. Samsung 22. Huawei 14. Xiaomi 13. Then Apple at 11.

Apple sells a rich high class lifestyle and convenience. They don't compete with others in budget classes. That is why Apple does not have a huge presence in emerging economies and poor countries, and by far, the world is poor. Apple's model is "gotta pay to be a player in their ecosystem".

S.Yu

Quote from: Fishfire on February 07, 2021, 14:28:54
What hole did you just crawl out of? Q4 ended with Apple in 1st place.

Bogatul

Sheeps will be sheeps. They all want to have the same phone and do the same things. If one sheep jumps of a cliff, the others will follow. I'm talking about US.

Daved.404

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview