News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X: Kraken gets cracking with Control and gives the PS5 an almost 40% smaller file size to store

Started by Redaktion, February 04, 2021, 12:47:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

There have been some posts on Reddit claiming to show the PlayStation 5's Oodle Kraken tool working at its best in regard to compressing game data from Control Ultimate Edition. While Xbox Series X owners have to give up around 42.5 GB of SSD space for the game files, PS5 owners only relinquish about 25.79 GB of room.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PlayStation-5-vs-Xbox-Series-X-Kraken-gets-cracking-with-Control-and-gives-the-PS5-an-almost-40-smaller-file-size-to-store.518282.0.html

joequincy

This doesn't account for the "other" storage that games take up on PS5. That could be almost nothing, or it could be substantial.

I don't have the post rep to share a link, but Kotaku has a piece on this entitled "The PS5's Confusing 'Other' Storage Leaves Users Less Room For Games".

Darsman

@joequincy
So basically your saying that if Walmart had an item I was buying for 39% off but had a smaller or no discount on the other items in my cart,  the 40% discount is meaningless in the end.
I would imagine if this was and Xbox article you wouldnt have taken that opinion. 8)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview