News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Comprehensive list of all laptops featuring the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU along with corresponding TGPs

Started by Redaktion, February 02, 2021, 17:38:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Laptops featuring the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU are now starting to become available, but the lack of prominent TGP information means that buyers will not be able to get a fair estimate of the laptop's graphics prowess by merely looking at the spec sheet. In this article, we aim to provide a comprehensive list of laptops that feature the RTX 3060 Laptop GPU along with their rated TGP values. This information will be updated continuously as newer models become available.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Comprehensive-list-of-all-laptops-featuring-the-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3060-Laptop-GPU-along-with-corresponding-TGPs.517260.0.html

Andy M

I do appreciate the list. I hope we'll see similar and bigger ones for the other gpu too. Lists like those appear necessary to me who want to buy a laptop this year.

Vaidyanathan

OnDraK

Hello, great to see the comprehensive list of all currently known TGPs in the respective laptops. I just wonder, the TGPs stated here are the base values of the laptops' Wattages right? There should also be around 20W more available via Dynamic Boost 2.0 from Nvidia.

I think it would be useful to add a column "Max TGP (Via Dynamic Boost)" so that the consumer could see the maximum potential of the laptop. For example:

Asus ROG Zephyrus 14inch has 60W in the base mode, but it can achieve max TGP of 80W.

Similarly. Asus ROG Zephyrus 15inch has 80W in its base mode, but it can achieve up to 100W TGP.

Please correct me if I got something incorrectly.

Thank for a helpful research ;).

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: OnDraK on February 03, 2021, 04:07:45
Hello, great to see the comprehensive list of all currently known TGPs in the respective laptops. I just wonder, the TGPs stated here are the base values of the laptops' Wattages right? There should also be around 20W more available via Dynamic Boost 2.0 from Nvidia.

I think it would be useful to add a column "Max TGP (Via Dynamic Boost)" so that the consumer could see the maximum potential of the laptop. For example:

Asus ROG Zephyrus 14inch has 60W in the base mode, but it can achieve max TGP of 80W.

Similarly. Asus ROG Zephyrus 15inch has 80W in its base mode, but it can achieve up to 100W TGP.

Please correct me if I got something incorrectly.

Thank for a helpful research ;).

That's a very good suggestion, OnDraK. From what I understand, the actual Dynamic Boost 2.0 values are largely workload dependent, so they are defined as a range rather than absolute values. However, we should be knowing more as we get to test more RTX 3060 laptops. Right now, it's just a handful of them. We are also working with OEMs to gather more information. Once we have enough data, we will definitely considering adding a column for Max TGP with Dynamic Boost as well. :)

eqagunn

Asus TGPs available here:
tweakers.net/nieuws/177634/asus-geeft-exacte-specificaties-van-geforce-rtx-30-gpus-in-gamelaptops.html

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: eqagunn on February 03, 2021, 15:14:01
tweakers.net/nieuws/177634/asus-geeft-exacte-specificaties-van-geforce-rtx-30-gpus-in-gamelaptops.html
It's the same thing as above :)

llbean911

Please make one of these lists for laptops with 3080's in them! I can't find a list like that anywhere that also shows the VRAM amounts for the cards. So hard to find laptops with the 16GB version of the 3080.

Alex.nada

OnDraK

Quote from: Vaidyanathan on February 03, 2021, 15:19:54

No no, the list in the link contains the possible boost wattages and the resulting max TGPs.
So for example, Asus ROG Zephyrus 15 with rtx 3060 has max TGP 95W which is not that bad for such a slim and portable laptop.

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: llbean911 on February 03, 2021, 16:42:32
Please make one of these lists for laptops with 3080's in them! I can't find a list like that anywhere that also shows the VRAM amounts for the cards. So hard to find laptops with the 16GB version of the 3080.
3070 and 3080 lists are now live :)

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: Alex.nada on February 03, 2021, 16:51:47
Hello guys,
It's a very useful list, just looking forward for updates.
Thanks a lot ;D
Thank you, Alex. Glad you found it useful. Do check out the 3070 and 3080 ones as well that are linked now in the article.

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: OnDraK on February 03, 2021, 17:10:43
Quote from: Vaidyanathan on February 03, 2021, 15:19:54

No no, the list in the link contains the possible boost wattages and the resulting max TGPs.
So for example, Asus ROG Zephyrus 15 with rtx 3060 has max TGP 95W which is not that bad for such a slim and portable laptop.
Yeah i got it. This was shared by Asus with all media. We will look into this surely. The only constraint is that not every OEM may share the info. It should be possible to derive it from reviews in most cases.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview