News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Aspire 5 A515 in review: A look at a Tiger Lake laptop

Started by Redaktion, February 02, 2021, 14:04:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The exterior of the Aspire 5 A515 has remained in line with its predecessors but now contains a Tiger Lake CPU. Find out how this processor fares in everyday use and what else users can expect from this office notebook in our review.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-5-A515-in-review-A-look-at-a-Tiger-Lake-laptop.517936.0.html

Bobby

I imagine the low fan noise and very cool base will be more useful to the target audience than higher performance - doing casual tasks without fan noise and being able to use on your lap. Highest temperature on base 33.6 degrees and on premium spectre x360 14 52.8 degrees. They could have implemented a performance mode on this acer

Suryasis

The Integrated graphics information is incorrect. I5-1135g7 does have 80 EU, not 96 EU. In Tiger lake series, G7 as suffix doesn't mean that it's the most powerful graphics, like it is in Ice Lake.

Hanzzz

In the review you wrote:
"The cooling fan of the Aspire 5 is hardly audible during everyday use and produces a steady sound under load that does not have high frequencies or other uncomfortable elements to it. This makes the Acer notebook suitable for calm environments, although the touchpad does make a bit of a clatter."

I bought this laptop and my experience is very different. The fan is very annoying. It turns on very often, even when browsing internet or watching Youtube. It is definitely not a steady sound. Fan work is erratic, full of few second loud spikes. I can not stand how fans work in this laptop. They are so distracting.

Md. Shanu Mia

Kewin

bought this laptop for 2 weeks.
2 major problems encountered.
1st. black screen after no use for sometimes, when i want to wake up the laptop, failed. The fan sound very loud and non stop,  i tried to press the power button, laptop unable to turn off or on.
2nd. Laptop lagging out of sudden, and laptop unable to turn on without charger plugged in. Done disk clean up and diagnosing, but problems still exist. The battery not working/ dead. i fed up.
After letting the laptop to rest itself for 24 hours, miracle happened, laptop can on without charger, and no more lagging.

My own experience and suggestion to all Aspire 5 users, dont let your processor overheat.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview