News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xiaomi uses MIUI 12.5 update to start blocking Google Mobile Services installation on China ROM smartphones

Started by Redaktion, February 02, 2021, 12:51:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Reports out of China have stated that Xiaomi has started blocking the installation of Google Mobile Services (GMS) from some of its smartphones that operate with the China ROM firmware. Previously, users in China had been able to install the Google apps, but some with devices running on MIUI 12.5 have found this is no longer possible.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-uses-MIUI-12-5-update-to-start-blocking-Google-Mobile-Services-installation-on-China-ROM-smartphones.517804.0.html

Riser

The app market in China is a total fragmented mess. The regulations are mainly about what the CCP doesn't want the people to see, and there are malicious apps, ad injection apps, tracker apps and a whole lot of malware-laden apps. Then, everyone has their own app store to replace Google's. It is not easy to locate a genuine app often that is clean.

dErpyto3z

I have a Redmi note 8T I bought from the Xiaomi UK store. If I update to MIUI 12.5 will I be affected???

Chaing Kai Shek

Winnie the Pooh Xiao Xi and the impotent CCP sooooo afraid of Google (and TW, FB, BBC...). LOSERS :-X

herossi46

yoyo

last year I ordered "K20 pro premium Edition" - the sender sent me the chinese version by mistake and ebay didn't let me contact him - I just installed GMS and choose english language
Will I have a problem if I update to 12.5 ?  it is a chinese version but has snapdragon 855+ 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview