News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U in HP EliteBook 845 G8 laptop turns up on UserBenchmark as HP also accidentally reveals Ryzen 5 PRO 5650U model

Started by Redaktion, January 30, 2021, 11:08:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

An AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U and Ryzen 5 PRO 5650U have made their first appearances thanks to a benchmark and a manufacturer. The Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U was spotted in an EliteBook 845 G8 laptop on UserBenchmark while it seems HP managed to unveil the AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650U via a prematurely published support page.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-7-PRO-5850U-in-HP-EliteBook-845-G8-laptop-turns-up-on-UserBenchmark-as-HP-also-accidentally-reveals-Ryzen-5-PRO-5650U-model.517506.0.html

davids

Nice. I wanted to get the G7 already but it was mostly sold out everywhere. Hopefully G8 will be easier to buy. In contrast to Lenovo/Thinkpad they don't solder the RAM and the screen has less bezels.

Murak

Excellent! Let's hope it's available soon. I'll take a thinkpad with two dimm slots, 16:10 screen and a 20W+ power limit. Usb4 would be nice as well :)

Charles Chiang

I'd like to see a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Extreme with AMD Ryzen 9 5900HS, RTX 2060 Max-Q, 2x M.2 2280 slots and XPS-like slimmer bezels.

(CCP murdered MSI CEO Charles Chiang)

SBT

Nice and all, but imagine how expensive these would be. An 800 EliteBook (so already $$$$.$$)... Outfitted with an exceedingly rare 7nm silicon.
Makes you really miss 6th & 7th gen APUs. Those were some seriously economical chips, $649 Envy's with A12/FX... Damn.
Missed my chance with a top ProBook in 2016, was HALF asking price for an Intel analogue and ran Windows 7... :'( Now look where we are - with AMD being the premium.

Dorby

Honestly two RAM slots is what sells the HP EliteBooks and ProBooks for me over an equivalent Thinkpad that has almost everything soldered down for absolutely no reason. Or an equivalent Latitude that is over 50% more expensive for no reason.

Now if HP adds an optional dGPU, improve the cooling solution for Ryzen, expand the storage to 2x M.2, go back to the full size SD reader, and improve the webcam, microphones and speakers, I would actually consider buying one myself.

...And of course that would never happen, which is why I've abandoned business laptops and instead looking towards decent gaming laptops in 2021.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview