News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The new US administration is considering relaxing sanctions against Huawei

Started by Redaktion, January 29, 2021, 22:29:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new US administration has only been in office for nine days, but it is apparently already reconsidering Huawei's position on its economic blacklist. The Chinese company may still be prevented from accessing US telecommunications networks, though.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-new-US-administration-is-considering-relaxing-sanctions-against-Huawei.517580.0.html

Rinnnn

Though, this is nothing too big, bit it is a nice start. Hopefully we get not only Huawei, but other companies like ZTE and Xiaomi get their fair share of competition in the West back again

kek

Hosh

It seems US comapnies are feeling the heat of all the losses due to these ridiculous sanctions.

Atiq

What??
After when nearly 90 Chinese companies started deeply considering developing their own powerful semiconductor Industory so that they will not be dependent on US anymore.
Chinese are brave!!

Pete Mitchell

Keeping them out of telecom infrastructure I could understand, but not allowing phones and tablets is stupid.  Just don't use them for critical services if you're concerned.

Dotcom

Keep them banned in the US but allow US companies to sell their wares to Huawei and ZTE. Why would you harm US economy in the short term when the more time passes the less likely they are to trade with US companies and build everything "in-house"? This blacklist cannot kill Huawei they will just bid their time and come back in a decade with everything streamlined and then there's no point in all the posturing.

S.Yu

Quote from: Pete Mitchell on January 30, 2021, 19:31:38
Keeping them out of telecom infrastructure I could understand, but not allowing phones and tablets is stupid.  Just don't use them for critical services if you're concerned.
Banning phones and tablets deprives them of a key source of revenue, even though they can get interest free loans from China's policy banks like taking it out of their pockets, getting Huawei to believe that the phone business is unsustainable would prevent them from from further inventing in it. As 2019 Huawei's consumer electronics comprised over half Huawei's total revenue and profit, partly enabling them to undercut Ericsson etc. in their telecoms business, of course the other major factor is China's policy banks handing out cheap loans to go with every Huawei contract.

Mikko

Frankly, I have never understood how the sanctions have held legally, while the US have never showed real proof of Huawei spying on them. We all know how the NSA spies the rest of the world, so there's also that.

The whole campaign has been bullying to further their own tech companies and even that have failed as they have lost business as well.

I sincerely hope that the Chinese would have stroke back and ban Apple and others on their home front.

S.Yu

Quote from: Mikko on January 31, 2021, 22:57:01
Frankly, I have never understood how the sanctions have held legally, while the US have never showed real proof of Huawei spying on them. We all know how the NSA spies the rest of the world, so there's also that.

The whole campaign has been bullying to further their own tech companies and even that have failed as they have lost business as well.

I sincerely hope that the Chinese would have stroke back and ban Apple and others on their home front.
For the thousandth time, there's solid evidence that Huawei sold to Iran against sanctions, so that alone constitutes a breach of national security. Until very recently, the Party still leveraged China's massive market to unilaterally severely restrict the operations of foreign companies in China, long after China joined the WTO, while Chinese companies have been allowed to roam free all around the world in the same period. In addition to the loans mentioned above the Party conspired with companies like Huawei far too profoundly and for too long for those companies' actions to be interpreted as simply those of private business.
I sincerely hope morons like you could die out instead of stubbornly poisoning the discourse with your ignorance.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview