News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

First Xbox next-gen exclusive, The Medium, brings the GeForce RTX 3080 to its knees: can't manage a locked 1080p/60 FPS, even with ray-tracing disabled

Started by Redaktion, January 28, 2021, 10:37:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In what could come as a disappointment to GeForce RTX 3080 owners, recent Xbox and PC exclusive The Medium struggles to deliver a consistent 60 FPS, even at 1080p with ray-tracing effects disabled. Because the game readily scales to 4K, this could be an optimization issue Bloober Team and NVIDIA will soon resolve.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/First-Xbox-next-gen-exclusive-The-Medium-brings-the-GeForce-RTX-3080-to-its-knees-can-t-manage-a-locked-1080p-60-FPS-even-with-ray-tracing-disabled.517297.0.html

Claudio Rizzini

Why are you continuing to write such click bait articles? The medium has no too notch graphics, it has very beautiful art direction but no top notch graphic quality and definition, there are various games with better quality graphics that tun smooth even with a RTX 3070, therefore it is obvious that this is not the RTX series to be underperformed but the games to luck various optimizations.

These article are not unbiased.

S.Yu

This really goes to show how badly optimized a game could be let to pass with current hardware. All responsibility is on the dev team.

Leila Suskins

dude what

Imagine actually believing that this game looks too good for current hardware when in fact it's just a piece of unoptimized junk

Brad

Something is wrong with the author's hardware; I'm running this at 1440p with max settings and ray tracing on and I get 75+ FPS.

More click bait

Quote from: Claudio Rizzini on January 28, 2021, 12:21:54
Why are you continuing to write such click bait articles? The medium has no too notch graphics, it has very beautiful art direction but no top notch graphic quality and definition, there are various games with better quality graphics that tun smooth even with a RTX 3070, therefore it is obvious that this is not the RTX series to be underperformed but the games to luck various optimizations.

These article are not unbiased.

I haven't frequented this site for extremely long, I just click occasionally to see just how ridiculous their posts get... But was there ever a time where this site wasn't just reframing articles from other sites as click bait? They've passed off rumors and analysis as fact and then give source credit of said rumors to other sites to give them validity, or posts like this where they sensationalize something that isn't at all a big deal.

I sure hope the site is making someone some cash, because it certainly isn't informing anyone. Or maybe it's a wonderful site, save for all the pages Google keeps sending my way.

Boop

My game runs smoothly at
3840 x 1200. I didn't check the fps. But I'm sure it's decent If it runs smoothly.

Jarber

Author doesn't even know what exclusive means. If it's on PC and Xbox they how in hell is that exclusive. You need to fire this dumb@ss

KZBFF ELF

Václav

Prý že srazí rtx 3080 na kolena... To možná pro to, že ta hra má na pc příšernou optimalizaci.

Bibble

Quote from: Jarber on January 29, 2021, 02:22:54
Author doesn't even know what exclusive means. If it's on PC and Xbox they how in hell is that exclusive. You need to fire this dumb@ss

Microsoft Xbox game pass, dumb@ss. It's xbox exclusive, because that lets you play those games on PC. Fire yourself

Whamzer9000

Quote from: Bibble on January 29, 2021, 09:06:36
Quote from: Jarber on January 29, 2021, 02:22:54

Microsoft Xbox game pass, dumb@ss. It's xbox exclusive, because that lets you play those games on PC. Fire yourself
Hey Arjun!  :-X

Vatash

I have a 3080.  Maxed out settings and ray tracing. 1440P 75-105 FPS.  Your system is to blame.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview