News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Core i7-11700 wallops the i7-10700K by +21% in single-core test and even outpoints the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X - but it was via UserBenchmark

Started by Redaktion, January 27, 2021, 08:34:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Intel Core i7-11700 has been spotted producing an enormous single-core score on a synthetic benchmark site. The Rocket Lake-S chip outpaced the i7-10700K by quite a margin and even scored higher than the maximum result for the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X. However, this strong i7-11700 mark was recorded on the contentious UserBenchmark site.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i7-11700-wallops-the-i7-10700K-by-21-in-single-core-test-and-even-outpoints-the-AMD-Ryzen-7-5800X-but-it-was-via-UserBenchmark.517220.0.html

Grinnie Jax

CE engineering student

userbenchmark? that's a entertainment joke site  ;D ,
I usually take popcorn 🍿 and then start surfing that site on my tv ,
NGL that's a mood changer wholesome site.

John Hogan

Ah, user bench mark. The site with the perfect business model based on crowd sourced, statistically significant data. And they managed to destroy that with an insane lurch away from reality. One day I'd like to know what actually happened.

Wooperoo

I wish Notebookcheck would stop referencing irrelevant benchmarks. I get the need to generate views and clicks but by affiliating your articles with terrible 3rd parties like UserBenchmark, Notebookcheck only stands to lose reputation. Looking at this article, it doesn't provide any real value, as its referenced source doesn't provide any real value. I am no better at deciphering just which chip is really of interest to my uses from this article.

Clearrtc

User benchmark.  Oi

Clearly the 11700 has some single core punch, and Intel has been trying to push forward for some time.  Stuck in 14nm they back ported some architecture to the older node.  It's not like if Intel hadn't gotten to 10nm on schedule they would not have maintained a lead.

Having said that they didn't and AMD capitalized on it, but while there is all the AMD hype were talking about about a few percentage points in many applications.

But back to user Benchmark ... It's awful, you only need to read the reviews of the Zen processors below the skewed benchmarks to see they are off there rockers.  GpuPro or whatever his name is, is so biased his venom ozes out of the screen.  Referencing them destroys your own credibility.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview