News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Gigabyte Aero 17 HDR YC Laptop in review: Debut for Nvidia Ampere

Started by Redaktion, January 26, 2021, 15:00:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Judging solely by the exterior of the Aero 17 HDR, you would think that not much has changed. But the device features a new GPU under its hood. We tested the best configuration available, equipped with a GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Gigabyte-Aero-17-HDR-YC-Laptop-in-review-Debut-for-Nvidia-Ampere.517066.0.html

Andy M

Yes !!! I was looking forward for the first reviews of RTX 30 series laptops. Only way we currently have of knowing the performance of the cards since most OEM don't show the TDPs...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing more of those today.

NikoB

And this Gigabyte (as well as other manufacturers) dares to call a gaming laptop with such a shameful screen with awful response time!!?

AUO already produces 120Hz 4K panels with less than <10ms response time on miniLED backlight. Where are they, Gigabyte? Models from AUO 15.6" 4k/120Hz are already being sold even on aliexpress for $120...

NikoB

The speed of the mobile 3080 does not differ much from the desktop 3060. Money down the drain. Just a monstrous amount of money. Аnd all this for what? It's still impossible to play 4k for 45-60fps, even in the releases of the end of 2020. And the awful cheap and laggy, outdated screen completes the picture of flushing money down the toilet...

And noise in surfing...

Dorby

Kind of wish these bigger laptops would use dual-internal battery system since not all airlines in the world have the lithium-ion battery limit set to exactly 100Wh.

In cities I frequently travel, the limit of a stand-alone power bank / external battery is still 100Wh, but the limit of the battery powering a mobile electronic device is actually larger at 160Wh. So hypothetically, we can have bigger laptops with 80+80Wh internal batteries that can be designed to be readily swapped or taken out, depending on the circumstances.

And especially now that a ~100Wh high-density polymer cell (LG Chem) is only around 100 grams 160Wh would weigh no less than 200g, making a laptop not much heavier than it already is.

SAM485

im sorry %88 sounds way too much for this $3700. the new xmg neo17 with 5800H ryzen and 140w 3070 blows this thing out of the water with up to %30 faster CPU & GPU benckmarks

and to add insult to injury its half the price.

Spunjji

Quote from: SAM485 on January 27, 2021, 10:13:17
im sorry %88 sounds way too much for this $3700. the new xmg neo17 with 5800H ryzen and 140w 3070 blows this thing out of the water with up to %30 faster CPU & GPU benckmarks

and to add insult to injury its half the price.

Nailed it. The performance of this is an absolute joke. If this was a rational world, they wouldn't even think about selling a "3080" with a TDP lower than 150W - but here we are, in the stupid universe, and they will probably sell a lot of these because most people buy on specification alone.

dude what

Not sure how this got 88% with such embarrassing performance for a 3080, bad thermals and insane pricing... Sure, the display is good but what else?

Artem

Is there coil whine in the sample you've tested ? For which degree / extencitivity ? I read the previous generation models suffer a lot of coil whine. Would see the info in the review, or just here in comments. Thank you.

Rubs187

I'll take the Asus G712LWS for $1300, Alex.
Less than half the price,(BF sale) with almost the same performance.
Now I can wait out the GPU Bot wars, and build a 3090(or 40 series) desk top, later

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview