News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Samsung Exynos 2100 falls well behind the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 in early Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra CPU and GPU speed tests

Started by Redaktion, January 22, 2021, 21:07:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Samsung Galaxy S21 series will soon be in people's hands, albeit with different SoCs depending on where you live. However, it turns out that the Samsung Exynos 2100 version of the Galaxy S21 Ultra is around 10% slower than its Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 counterpart.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Samsung-Exynos-2100-falls-well-behind-the-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-888-in-early-Samsung-Galaxy-S21-Ultra-CPU-and-GPU-speed-tests.516411.0.html

Chill Pill

Sagar Roy

If you ask me it's a great improvement the main drawback of 990 was weak cpu and overheating and samsung seems to fix it and as for GPU not 10% people who'll buy this will be hardcore gamer anyway

BobBobbington

Fairly ridiculous click bait when it turns out that the Exynos CPU is actually faster than the Snapdragon...

Eldhose

First of all correct the heading. Or prepare for consequences for spreading false news. Gpu is weaker  but could is faster than 888. Please correct it. Don't  click bait us if you don't  have the material

BobBobbington

This heading is like saying "Garry Kasparov better than Usain Bolt at 100m and Chess" because although Bolt beat him in the 100m, Kasparov demolished him at Chess, therefore overall he's better. It's nonsense.

Rohan Samuel

Douglas

Ridiculous click bait. I used to respect so much all the notebookcheck's content, but not anymore. Disappointed. 😞

danwat1234

I wonder if the Snapdragon 888 CPU silicon runs hot as well not just the gpu. Then we will have a real problem in everyday use cases not just gaming!
I hope someone tests this.

Belz

That test is unfairly done.
The snapdragon 888 runs the test in lower display resolution(2180x1080), higher refresh rate(120hz) and also in airplane mode.
While the exynos 2100 runs in higher display resolution(2325x1080) with lower refresh rate(60hz) and not in airplane mode. It has even recieved an e-mail which you can see in the top of the screen. And the different display resolution and refresh rate you can see in the start of the 3D GPU test.
Everyone knows that the higher display resolution you have the lower your fps will be.

S.Yu

Quote from: Chill Pill on January 23, 2021, 07:41:37
Its no use if the SD 888 wins by overheating. It will be SD 810 saga all over again...
There's no reason to assume that the SD888 would overheat while the Exynos would not. Both are on Samsung's failure of a 5nm, unlike back with SD810 when Exynos7420 was on a far superior node.
Quote from: Belz on January 23, 2021, 15:30:57
That test is unfairly done.
The snapdragon 888 runs the test in lower display resolution(2180x1080), higher refresh rate(120hz) and also in airplane mode.
While the exynos 2100 runs in higher display resolution(2325x1080) with lower refresh rate(60hz) and not in airplane mode. It has even recieved an e-mail which you can see in the top of the screen. And the different display resolution and refresh rate you can see in the start of the 3D GPU test.
Everyone knows that the higher display resolution you have the lower your fps will be.
I didn't look into details but if what you say is true then the comparison is entirely meaningless. A frame rate cap and different resolution, damn.

Savage_Sam

AT LEAST YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE WHAT SAMSUNG HAS DONE. 😒
IT IS NOT BEHIND BY 24 SEC LIKE THE LAST YEAR.

And AMD is Coming To Catch Up The Adreno

xpclient

Snapdragon 888 in Xiaomi Mi 11 Performance/Efficiency Analysis vs Snapdragon 865 vs Kirin 9000: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcDSX6_3OdM Snapdragon 888 is not good. Heats up a lot. Temperatures rise by ridiculous amounts. Consumes battery a lot. Is not energy-efficient at all like 865+. Even Kirin 9000 is better.

More proofs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnWpFNOpVAU

Damien

Wait... So the Exynos is practically on par in CPU? Doesn't overheat as much, but because the GPU isn't as powerful (predictable, since Adreno was bought off AMD) it is "far off" the mark?  I would rather an overall more efficient chip to a chip that gives better gaming.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview