News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Leak claims AMD's Radeon RX 6700 XT easily beats the Nvidia RTX 3060 12 GB, trades blows with RTX 3060 Ti

Started by Redaktion, January 22, 2021, 17:50:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD was supposed to unveil the RX 6700 XT at CES, but the company is still not sure how to market this GPU. Word on the street is that the current test samples can easily beat the RTX 3060 12 GB models from Nvidia, and it even bests the RTX 3060 Ti in select games. However, we might not get to see these cards launched sooner than May.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Leak-claims-AMD-s-Radeon-RX-6700-XT-easily-beats-the-Nvidia-RTX-3060-12-GB-trades-blows-with-RTX-3060-Ti.516376.0.html

yuio

Common AMD!
Stop the paper launches, I can't buy the products you released a month ago.
You also released 5700M and only one laptop is using it.

Natt

You mean 5600M? I don't think there is even a single 5700M laptop, or did I miss it? That was one of the most dissapointing "releases" of 2020.

deksman2

Quote from: Natt on January 23, 2021, 19:03:11
You mean 5600M? I don't think there is even a single 5700M laptop, or did I miss it? That was one of the most dissapointing "releases" of 2020.

AMD released both 5600M and 5700M, but laptop manufacturers didn't bother using them.
Only DELL used 5600M in the G5 15 SE (and to be fair, they messed up the thermals in that unit by giving it AWFUL cooling).

AMD doesn't get a say on which manufacturers get to integrate their GPU's.

yuio

5600M is used in Dell G5 SE.
5700M is used in Alienware Area-51m R2, but I don't remember seeing sold anywhere.

What's the point in releasing these GPUs if they can't find OEMs to integrate them? I'm sure they can enforce some rules, like Intel does for AMD laptops: bad cooling, bad panels.

I know that Asus has exclusivity for some high end AMD mobile CPUs, AMD should force them to combine these CPUs with their GPUs in high end laptops.

If they're not selling many mobile GPUs why bother investing time and money in them?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview