News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Core i9-11900K produces an ominous Geekbench single-core result that takes the i9-10900K by +32% and leaves the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X and Ryzen 9 5950X out of sight

Started by Redaktion, January 22, 2021, 08:55:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A sample of the Intel Core i9-11900K has finally been unearthed on Geekbench and the Rocket Lake-S chip has produced a gigantic single-core score. Utilizing a Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master board enabled the i9-11900K to score over +32% higher than the i9-10900K and leave the Ryzen 9 5950X and Ryzen 7 5800X playing catch up.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i9-11900K-produces-an-ominous-Geekbench-single-core-result-that-takes-the-i9-10900K-by-32-and-leaves-the-AMD-Ryzen-7-5800X-and-Ryzen-9-5950X-out-of-sight.516351.0.html

ariliquin

Highly likely it had some "help". It will be interesting to see the real life comparisons when these and AMD are available.

moral guy

Did not get it, 11900K adds +12-13% gain over AMD and 2.5 times the power drain? Why would anyone ever buy it?

G K

regarding why someone would buy for the 12+% gain, given the power usage - Power usage may be important for Server farms and laptop users, this chip is aimed at Desktop gamers a crew that power is not important, to just as single core score outweighs multiple cores for this crowd.  Intel has other chips in the pipe to address the server and laptop markets.

As to some help, unless this is a LN2 cooled score (which I doubt), it is probably a legitimate score.

As to Oh, its over  - Never really began,  Understand the human desire to back the underdog, but anyone that thought that AMD with a couple of successes was going to dominate going forward against a behemoth like Intel is thinking with their heart, not their brain.

moral guy

Intel sold their SSD production branch, dug up former pentium 4 developer, they make very expansive chips that totally loses to AMD.

And now 250W oven, that will most likely run at 100C and will cost more $ then competitor. So does 5-8 FPS worth it? Hardly.

The behemoth is dying right on our eyes...

John Hogan

So Intel had preformance up their sleeves but didn't deploy it until they had serious competition huh? OK call it business sense, but it's still a big fu to a generation of users.

But they're also dog and pony sellers from way back. This will be the best chip they've got or they're will be some of their usual nonsense involved.

havefun

Quote from: John Hogan on January 22, 2021, 13:43:04
So Intel had preformance up their sleeves but didn't deploy it until they had serious competition huh? OK call it business sense, but it's still a big fu to a generation of users.

But they're also dog and pony sellers from way back. This will be the best chip they've got or they're will be some of their usual nonsense involved.
Intel PR deployed more lies... 11900K is not able to beat 10900K in multicore, so who would believe 32% increase in Singlecore....
Intel Core i9-10900K 11393
Intel Core i9-11900K 10934

TheShow

No one cares for single core....a 5950x can 5ghz on all core thru boost. It's 16 core 32 threads future proofed. I'm sure if I turned off some cores on the 5950x I could hit probably 5.2 or 5.3 on all the cores and perform better then this weak 11900k. You ppl are sheep's buying the same product over and over

PC Gamer

Too little, too late.  Single core performance no longer matters.  Multi core and power efficiency is what we need.  AMD Ryzen 5000 has both.  I'll pass on Intel until they have 7nm...in 2023 or beyond 😂

deksman2

Quote from: G K on January 22, 2021, 12:10:54
regarding why someone would buy for the 12+% gain, given the power usage - Power usage may be important for Server farms and laptop users, this chip is aimed at Desktop gamers a crew that power is not important, to just as single core score outweighs multiple cores for this crowd.  Intel has other chips in the pipe to address the server and laptop markets.

As to some help, unless this is a LN2 cooled score (which I doubt), it is probably a legitimate score.

As to Oh, its over  - Never really began,  Understand the human desire to back the underdog, but anyone that thought that AMD with a couple of successes was going to dominate going forward against a behemoth like Intel is thinking with their heart, not their brain.

I certainly wouldn't bother with Intel.
Weaker security, worse overall performance and efficiency.
Gaming isn't the only metric of value, and to be fair, Intel's only able to produce those scores due to being CLOCKED higher than AMD. Also, if you hadn't noticed, by putting AMD at a very close clock speed, the benchmark do equalize... and that's just for single core... Intel has a massive disadvantage in multi-core which is used for content creation and productivity (a lot of people mix gaming with those things).

So, no, 12% higher performance in single core (mainly due to higher clocks) while losing at multi-core and having 2.5x higher power consumption makes Intel's Rocket Lake a VERY unappealing offer.

Also, data centers are quite important because they are a FAR more lucrative market for companies which produce CPU's.

Scnottaken

wow

so many AMD shills, insufferable.

@deksman2
@PC gamer

what are you guys smoking? how does single core performance no longer matter? Even outside of gaming, single core determines how fast you open up / process work applications. Multi core performance is nice when you multi-task with lots of different apps or stream or render, but I'll take the single core performance superiority anyday.

blkspade

The 12% advantage has no real bearing on people already on Ryzen. It's advantageous for people that are either on Z490, or on an older platform and would rather wait for Intel to do something noteworthy than buy AMD. I also question if this geekbench score is influenced by AVX512, which is being added to their 11th Gen. AVX512 is pretty much useless to the crowd Intel would target with these part. Still a fail if they'd rather bring that to the consumer platform as opposed to ECC.

Zev

These amd chips cost a lot more than the 10900k and potentially the 11900k. I don't see why people say "amd better" but yet pay 2x for a 5950x.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview