News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The GPD Win 3 is two times more expensive than a Playstation 5. Is it really worth it?

Started by Redaktion, January 21, 2021, 03:00:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Users who don't plan on exploiting the Thunderbolt 4 port of the Win 3 will be missing out on the single most important feature of the handheld as it is the secret to turning the system into a full-fledged docked Core i7 laptop PC.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-GPD-Win-3-is-two-times-more-expensive-than-a-Playstation-5-Is-it-really-worth-it.515930.0.html

Rinnnn

GPD Win 3 is a handheld, full-fledged PC, while the PS5 is primarily just a gaming platform. You can do a whole lot more on a PC compared to a PS5.

Muhammad Anhar

Russel

Well.. No. The whole point is being able to play games that you could only play in a desktop and had always wished had a mobile port.
But from the review I saw on linustechtips, this thing is not yet ready to be something that could be called a finished product. It's at most a beta version. Early adopters would probably be funding further optimizations with their generosity.. But at least it's a real product unlike smach Z which is already obsolete. But I have high hopes for that Aya Neo.

druule

Drew

This doesn't compare to a PS5 in anyway shape or form!!  The author of this article misses the point of what this device is capable of, which is the ability to play AAA Steam games in the car or on the toilet!!!

The fact you can dock it and use that way, is just an added bonus.  I'm not down playing how awesome that is, but it also doesn't take the place of a laptop unless you go out and buy a USB display or something to go along with it.  Storage is also limited if you plan to use it as a laptop replacement with only one NVMe slot, but I guess you could get a 2TB NVMe drive and partition it out.

SUP

For a website with notebook in name still don't understand about portable device. funny. this a niche product not mass production like PS5. This is for who ever want this handheld form. if you guy compare it with another laptop same specification that cheap i understand but PS5. Really is that all in you mind? let compare every laptop with PS5 then change this website name to PS5CHECK.

Harrison

I hear the purchase site indiegogo is unsafe for buyers. People claim they never got what they purchase also no refund. This screams scam all around.

I want to purchase gpdwin3 but worried i will be unsuccessful an lose all my money. Will there be a western release of this Device in georgia markets or on amazon????????

BunBun

I think this console is completely sold out and due to current worldwide crisis there is a parts shortage which makes it harder to produce new ones. I was hoping to buy one when the prices would drop a little but since GPD Win 2 is still expensive to this day i doubt i will be buying Win 3 at all and it makes the whole console for hardcore enthusiasts only.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview