News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

All these "Best of CES 2021" awards are absolutely pointless

Started by Redaktion, January 20, 2021, 01:55:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

You can't call something "the best laptop in show" when you never actually went hands-on with any of them. These "awards" for CES 2021 are nothing more than lists and opinions based entirely off of manufacturer pictures and videos rather than the editors' hands-on experiences that they are supposed to represent.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/All-these-Best-of-CES-2021-awards-are-absolutely-pointless.515791.0.html

nrp

The secret is that many CES awards are like this every year.  If you look back at the lists for the last few years, products that actually make an impact on the industry or generate real consumer interest are a rare exception.  Most of the products are forgettable and are indeed forgotten.

Frodo

The best take on CES 2021! Although, well, you know, you weren't there. :P

But the point stands, the awards are useless. Just fondling a product for 10-15 mintues at a show might give you a "best of show" rating, but that's with the caveat that the product will have no recalls, will work for years, has no design flaws that would show up later, has solid firmware/software, etc.

T. Pane

And this is why I turnoff my AdBlock tool for Notebookcheck so they can keep on being honest while make a living!

S.Yu

Quote from: nrp on January 20, 2021, 06:23:06
The secret is that many CES awards are like this every year.  If you look back at the lists for the last few years, products that actually make an impact on the industry or generate real consumer interest are a rare exception.  Most of the products are forgettable and are indeed forgotten.
Exactly my thoughts too.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview