News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Rocket Lake-S price leak indicates Core i9-11900K to be 10% cheaper than Core i9-10900K and close to Ryzen 7 5800X, but lack of MSRP info makes pricing comparisons difficult

Started by Redaktion, January 17, 2021, 22:47:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Pricing information for Intel's upcoming 11th gen Rocket Lake-S chips have leaked on Belgian retailer 2compuite's site. According to prices listed by 2compute, the Core i9-11900K looks to be about 10% cheaper than the Core i9-10900K. However, other retailers seem to show a 10% increase in pricing making it a tad difficult to infer anything until Intel officially announces the MSRPs for Rocket Lake-S some time during end of Q1 2021.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Rocket-Lake-S-price-leak-indicates-Core-i9-11900K-to-be-10-cheaper-than-Core-i9-10900K-and-close-to-Ryzen-7-5800X-but-lack-of-MSRP-info-makes-pricing-comparisons-difficult.515478.0.html

Spunjji

Comparing the current retail sale price of a new, high-demand product to the leaked MSRP of a product that hasn't yet launched seems a bit iffy.

My take-home from this is that if these prices are accurate, then Intel aren't factoring the weakness of their overall competitive position into the pricing of their high-end product. That's disappointing, as it gives AMD no real incentive to respond.

With that said, the part that interests me here is the 11600K. It has the potential to force a correction from AMD - presumably in the form of a 5600 and/or a price cut on the 5600X.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview