News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Details of Samsung Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra camera hardware revealed

Started by Redaktion, January 17, 2021, 11:39:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Following the release of the Samsung Galaxy S21 release, information about the phones' hardware has now been revealed, detailing camera models and other important bits, with one notable takeaway being the incremental nature of the S21 and S21+.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Details-of-Samsung-Galaxy-S21-S21-and-S21-Ultra-camera-hardware-revealed.515460.0.html

S.Yu

Why do you think the S5K3J1 is an upgrade? In terms of size it's almost certainly smaller than the IMX586 with the latter matching 12MP 1/2.55" with 48MP, now this is 10MP, to even match that size it would need >1.4μm pixel pitch. Highly unlikely.
I guess the question about the crop module of the S20/21 is if it would output 64MP at "1x", 32MP at 1.4x, 16MP at 2x etc because we've seen that the output quality at 3x is actually comparable to dedicated modules, so if it could read out the whole sensor (rendering the "main" module largely redundant, granted) then that's actually a very unique feature that comes closer to matching the quality of true optical zoom compared to a small optically cropped 3x module.

Ricci Rox

Quote from: S.Yu on January 17, 2021, 15:53:01
Why do you think the S5K3J1 is an upgrade? In terms of size it's almost certainly smaller than the IMX586 with the latter matching 12MP 1/2.55" with 48MP, now this is 10MP, to even match that size it would need >1.4μm pixel pitch. Highly unlikely.
I guess the question about the crop module of the S20/21 is if it would output 64MP at "1x", 32MP at 1.4x, 16MP at 2x etc because we've seen that the output quality at 3x is actually comparable to dedicated modules, so if it could read out the whole sensor (rendering the "main" module largely redundant, granted) then that's actually a very unique feature that comes closer to matching the quality of true optical zoom compared to a small optically cropped 3x module.

It's mostly the idea of having two dedicated zoom lenses, instead of the 4x optical + digital on the S20U.

Perhaps that was badly phrased.

And yeah, in hindsight, criticism of the 64 MP on the S20 and S20+ was a bit overstated.

Sameer

Which sensors are on Exynos version, Samsung uses different sensors on both ,Exynos always gets the cheap stuff

Sameer

I can't edit my comment so for a clearer thought I am talking about only s21 and plus not the ultra last year they were imx sensors all around for Snapdragon and samsung equivalent sensors on exynos

Ricci Rox

Quote from: Sameer on January 31, 2021, 23:38:53
I can't edit my comment so for a clearer thought I am talking about only s21 and plus not the ultra last year they were imx sensors all around for Snapdragon and samsung equivalent sensors on exynos

Yeah, I'm not sure about that at the moment. Will update when there's solid information.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview