News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The first DisplayPort 2.0 monitors and GPUs to hit the market in late 2021

Started by Redaktion, January 15, 2021, 15:13:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Initially supposed to hit the market in mid-2020, the DisplayPort 2.0 monitors got delayed by the global pandemic and are now expected to become available in the second half of 2021. DP 2.0 is clearly superior to HDMI 2.0, as it offers an 80 Gbps bandwidth that can support 4K resolutions @240 Hz with uncompressed HDR color depth or 16K @60Hz with DSC.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-first-DisplayPort-2-0-monitors-and-GPUs-to-hit-the-market-in-late-2021.515161.0.html

Mr Derek Clark

PC monitors are falling behind, the 48 inch Oleds TV's from LG and Sony are looking good with HDMI 2.1 connections. Display port and other connectors are old hat just like that, or should I say, Dead on Arrival.

Godrilla

As a PC enthusiast who went from a gsync ips 3440x1440p ultrawide monitor for 3 years to a LG CX 48 oled   I couldn't agree more. My 3090 XC3 ultra at 2ghz is a perfect match for 4k 120hz 10 bit with vrr. Also jult look at the current 2021 monitor line up with hdmi 2.1 its just a refresh of their 2020 models (VA) with just added hdmi 2.1 connection.  Monitor vendors got used to milking the Enthusiast market and the LG comes along and corners the market.  I don't see anything coming close to competing with the CX oled especially when you compare the Dell 55 inch oled non gsync non hdr non hdmi 2.1 selling for double the price of the 55 inch CX oled. FYI linus compared the cx to a 360hz monitor and when set to 240hz hz it was comparable to the response times of CX oled. I don't see anything competitive until yields for mini and then micro leds improving which is rumored 2 to 4 years respectively.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview