News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 9 5900HS in Asus ROG Flow X13 makes restrained appearance on Geekbench and underperforms against the Ryzen 9 4900HS and Intel Core i7-1165G7

Started by Redaktion, January 14, 2021, 18:04:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Zen 3 Cezanne part AMD Ryzen 9 5900HS has been spotted on Geekbench as part of the fascinating Asus ROG Flow X13 2-in-1 laptop. However, the results don't seem as high as could be expected, when the Ryzen 9 5900HS should be flying past the Ryzen 9 4900HS and Tiger Lake Intel Core i7-1165G7.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-9-5900HS-in-Asus-ROG-Flow-X13-makes-restrained-appearance-on-Geekbench-and-underperforms-against-the-Ryzen-9-4900HS-and-Intel-Core-i7-1165G7.515122.0.html

Mothertrucker19

Asus said that full power is available in tent or stand mode only, so maybe it wasn't in one of those modes.

Saprito

Considering the laptop is extremely thin and light, wouldn't surprise me if it's undervolted for heat concerns

undervolter0x0309

Too early to call and given it's versatility, I wouldn't be too worried.
Asus is doing fantastic this gen and I'm definitely a fan.

Valantar

Given that this is a 1.3kg laptop with a 35W CPU + a 50W GPU, I'm not surprised if it performs below comparably equipped larger laptops. That comes with the territory. And as mentined above, it's entirely possible that this was tested in traditional laptop mode rather than one of the modes providing extra airflow.

Even if its performance turns out to be sub-par for the specs, this is still the best-looking laptop launched this CES, and likely this year.

Dorby

Agreed. This level of performance is to be expected given the laptop's physical limitations, and given that this is the most powerful ultrabook in the market.

R7-5800HS, 16GB, FHD 120Hz is the config most people will be buying anyway. Actually kind of wish it had a R5-5600HS option.

samkmt

I wish we can get one with a U variant. R5 5800U, 32GB RAM, same GPU, same screen res and size, a larger battery about 70 whr or more. That'll make it a super portable 2 in 1. I don't think H or HS series are needed in a 2 in 1. The heat will diminish the extra performance it'd offer.

Spunjji

Quote from: samkmt on January 18, 2021, 09:33:10
I wish we can get one with a U variant.

Me too. For me a 5600U option would be ideal - the cores would be operating closer to their optimum efficiency most of the time, and they could still have the boost TDP set to 35W for gaming mode.

Mj

One thing that the writer should note is that the flow is using lpddr4x ram, which has half the bus width of regular ddr4 memory. Its also only running in dual channel, so its bus width is 32bits x 2 channels = 64, while the intel chip is running at 64bits x 2 channels = 128.

xoford

OMG guys... all the expectations you guys had are now apparently wrong. It reached over 1500pt in single core and 8500pt in multicore. The "leaked" benchmark is probably either fake or energy saving mode. If you would like to have u processors, there are already enough choices for you. Don't bother with this powerful laptop.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview