News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ZenBook 13 OLED and ZenBook 14 are among the thinnest laptops with AMD Ryzen 5000 Cezanne and Lucienne U-series APUs

Started by Redaktion, January 14, 2021, 00:16:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Asus has released its new ZenBook 13 OLED UM325 and ZenBook 14 UM425 thin and light laptops. These ZenBooks differ primarily with respect to the display and available Ryzen 5000 APU options. While the ZenBook 13 OLED UM325 offers a mix of both Cezanne and Lucienne APUs, the ZenBook 14 offers only Lucienne parts.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ZenBook-13-OLED-and-ZenBook-14-are-among-the-thinnest-laptops-with-AMD-Ryzen-5000-Cezanne-and-Lucienne-U-series-APUs.515015.0.html

opelit

I would buy one if only they tell me that they stopped using plastic between screen and main body. (on hinges...) it causes that the hinges sometimes break the plastic... and we have a laptop in 2 parts..

Pablo240

Wow a flagship laptop with a nice display that has a Ryzen processor? Never thought I'd see the day

Mikita

Respect to ASUS for not following the silly trend of "downgrading" AMD-based laptops with awful screens. But AMD's naming scheme is confusing - now potential buyers need to do extra searching to filter what models are Lucienne-based and what models are Cezanne-based. I like AMD in general, but stupid naming schemes are Intel-like.

Dorby

Finally, high-end flagship AMD ultrabooks from a reputable brand!

OLED P3 colors, so it should be around 60-70% Rec.2020 color gamut. I hope Asus will also make ZenBook Flip Ryzen laptops with a 16:10 OLED Touchscreen and M.2 2280 PCIe Gen 4 x4 SSD option.

Dorby

Wait..... hold up... ZenBook 13 UM325 doesn't have a 3.5mm Headphone/Microphone jack???
...Well then, we now might as well pretend the laptop itself doesn't exist either.

So the "only AMD" ZenBook 14 is limited to Zen 2 this year, it looks like. How ironic.

Dorby

Quote from: Weevil on January 14, 2021, 11:52:17
UM425QA - Up to Ryzen™ 7 5800H AMD Mobile Processor
My bad.
However the screen brightness is only 250nits, which is a deal-breaker as we currently have low-end laptops like the $400 HP Pavilion x360 with a 400nits FHD screen.
On a <$1k premium ZenBook line, 400nits FHD should also be standard.

Weevil

Cant post link, but on Asus website is option with 400 nits. Just Search for UM425QA. But also: "Optional specification may not be available in all territories. Please check with your local ASUS representative."

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview