News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Leaked iPad Pro 2021 renders provide a look at Apple's next 12.9-inch tablet

Started by Redaktion, January 12, 2021, 20:46:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

While the focus is on what manufacturers announce at CES 2021, the supposed design of the next 12.9-inch iPad Pro has leaked online. The premium tablet will have smaller bezels than the current model, while retaining its overall design. The next iPad Pro is expected to feature a mini-LED screen, among other changes.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Leaked-iPad-Pro-2021-renders-provide-a-look-at-Apple-s-next-12-9-inch-tablet.514800.0.html

S.Yu

Quote from: ANDIBELLO on January 12, 2021, 20:57:05
A question still remains: Could it pass the bendtest?!!
Oh yeah, I was gonna say it looks like no luck for a more rigid chassis.
Strange, since Apple's laptops remain highly rigid designs that they've decided that iPPs be made so fragile.

_MT_

Quote from: S.Yu on January 13, 2021, 10:51:38
Strange, since Apple's laptops remain highly rigid designs that they've decided that iPPs be made so fragile.
The difference in approach can also be observed in weight. Even the MBA is far from the lightest laptop with similar size display. I guess it might come down to an assumption that an iPad will be used much more often handheld. Laptops, after all, are not really designed to do that. And that's where weight matters the most.

S.Yu

Quote from: _MT_ on January 13, 2021, 12:27:10
Quote from: S.Yu on January 13, 2021, 10:51:38
The difference in approach can also be observed in weight. Even the MBA is far from the lightest laptop with similar size display. I guess it might come down to an assumption that an iPad will be used much more often handheld. Laptops, after all, are not really designed to do that. And that's where weight matters the most.
Well, they'll both travel a lot, if the tablet doesn't travel more, and the rigidity of the iPP doesn't even stand being packed in a >10kg backpack.
And it's not as if the first 2 gens of 12.9" iPP were difficult to hold.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview