News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Alienware m17 R4 refreshed with Comet Lake and NVIDIA RTX 30 Ampere mobile, continues to offer a 360 Hz display option

Started by Redaktion, January 12, 2021, 20:02:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dell has refreshed the Alienware m17 with NVIDIA Ampere mobile graphics. The Alienware m17 R4 features a largely similar configuration as last year and offers a slew of customization options including a 360 Hz FHD panel. The laptop is also recognized as a CES 2021 Innovation Award Honoree in the Gaming category.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Alienware-m17-R4-refreshed-with-Comet-Lake-and-NVIDIA-RTX-30-Ampere-mobile-continues-to-offer-a-360-Hz-display-option.513031.0.html

Dan6

No Ryzen, 4k60 on a gaming laptop and again only white color with powerful model.. Go home Dell and do your home work..

Jamestooooooo

Wankers need to use Ryzen, what a joke.

P.s. where was this press release, please, I can't find it.

Matthew Linscott

JVS

I hope they planned to drop in Tiger Lake-H soon after launch to get best gaming performance, otherwise (with exception of AMD having supply issues for their mobile chips, that could be the other reason) this wouldn't be as compelling of product this time around

Dorby

Remember when Alienware laptops were the only viable option for people who wanted both strong performance and long battery life with the appeal of an iconic, instantly recognizable design?

Oh, how times have changed.

John Doe

If they don't intend to make a separate Ryzen motherboard design, they should have just waited for Rocket Lake release then. Given that the CPU is the same as in the current model and 3080 Mobile is only like 15-20% faster than 2080 Super, this release is rather superfluous.

Hope they'll at least consider a Ryzen Desktop CPU variant of the Area m51.

Schuma6

Alienware lover

All the haters are hilarious. At least you can actually buy the new 17 inch Alienware laptops right now. Good luck trying to find an Rtx 3000 series 17 inch laptop with a new Ryzen CPU. They're not even available yet and you'll be lucky if it happens before June. I'll be enjoying my new M17 R4 while everyone else is still using last year's Ryzen laptops and playing the waiting game!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview