News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9 & X1 Yoga Gen 6 get huge 16:10 redesign

Started by Redaktion, January 11, 2021, 22:31:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo does not just updates their high-end ThinkPads of the X1 series: The new ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9 is the biggest redesigns of the series since 2017. Together with the convertible sister ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 6, the new X1 Carbon uses screens in the 16:10 aspect-ratio for the first time. And that is not the only change.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-Gen-9-X1-Yoga-Gen-6-get-huge-16-10-redesign.514414.0.html

hoge

It seems that the position of the exhaust port has moved from the side to the hinge part.
So this laptop should have type-c ports on both sides like the Yoga Slim 750i Carbon.

Dorby

Good to see the battery bump, sad to see even worse keyboard.
I've tried the X1 Nano vs multiple HP Spectre x360s, and prefered the Spectres every time.
If the X1 Yoga really has worse keyboard than my Spectre 14, then there is no reason to try it for double the money.

Rick

No WQHD screen option!? That means the only screen options are low res FHD anti-glare or high-res UHD glossy. Lenovo, what are you thinking?

Dr.J

Can someone tell me the difference between the second and third display options on the X1 Carbon ?  ???

Need a new laptop

And, the hinge design is likely to be weaker than the current implementation.  If you try any laptop based on the "new" design - the screen wobble is worse on this type of a hinge.

Dorby

Quote from: Need a new laptop on January 14, 2021, 20:36:59
And, the hinge design is likely to be weaker than the current implementation.  If you try any laptop based on the "new" design - the screen wobble is worse on this type of a hinge.
Do you mean the Carbon or the Yoga?

FutureOwner

fishstik

Quote from: Need a new laptop on January 14, 2021, 20:36:59

I'm not too worried about the new hinge. My Latitude with this same design has minimal wobble.

BLM Thugs

No AMD, no buy.
Look at those outdated thick top and bottom bezels. It's like 2016 again with the first XPS

Psyker

Quote from: BLM Thugs on January 26, 2021, 10:22:41
No AMD, no buy.
Look at those outdated thick top and bottom bezels. It's like 2016 again with the first XPS

ThinkPad will never ever have bezels as thin as XPS because the former has certain durability standards to comply while the latter doesn't. Thin bezels are good looking for sure but are proved to be more vulnerable. Notice how thick and ugly the rugged laptops are? That's the reason.

Charlie1984

A larger 57Whr battery, a 16:10 screen, 32GB or RAM,  i7-1160 or 1180 w/ Iris extreme graphics, and thunderbolt 4 + HDMI 2.0. This is a big upgrade from previous generations.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview