News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

12-Watt GeForce MX450 beats the 25-Watt GeForce-MX350 - Testing the Asus ZenBook 14 UX435EG

Started by Redaktion, January 11, 2021, 18:22:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Asus uses the most current technology in the ZenBook 14: A Tiger Lake processor, GeForce MX450 graphics core, 16 GB of working memory (quad-channel mode), and Thunderbolt 4. A 63-Wh battery ensures a good battery life.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/12-Watt-GeForce-MX450-beats-the-25-Watt-GeForce-MX350-Testing-the-Asus-ZenBook-14-UX435EG.514186.0.html

Sorin

I don't get it. Why put an underpowered GPU to a laptop, when a well powered  Xe ipgu can outperform it with a GT1050 like performance (Witcher 3 medium settings in Schenker Vision/Intel NUC M15 review). Oh i see ...for the hefty price tag.

S.Yu

Though it's slightly amusing to see a 1650 run fine at such a low TGP (probably the lowest I've seen from a discrete GPU), I wouldn't call this midrange at all. The current midrange should be the 1660-1660Ti. If it starts with "MX", it's not meant to be midrange.

Dorby

An indicator in the reviews' graphics under specifications tab, that shows which version of dGPUs and TGP a laptop is using would be very helpful in the future reviews.

ilikegames

Honestly this is a good progress by Nvidia. It seems like that they are making some dang upliftment in the lower segment of the laptop market. I am dubious about the "midrange" term for an MX GPU but nonetheless, it is clearly faster than a desktop GT 1030. Although I have to say, it would have been much better if they had released this product 2 years prior as this kind performance is only applicable if the integrated solution isn't powerful enough. Good work AMD & Intel, keep up the competition! I love being a customer if this continues.

ilikegames

Quote from: Sorin on January 11, 2021, 19:59:28
I don't get it. Why put an underpowered GPU to a laptop, when a well powered  Xe ipgu can outperform it with a GT1050 like performance (Witcher 3 medium settings in Schenker Vision/Intel NUC M15 review). Oh i see ...for the hefty price tag.

yeah and also to market, it has a "dedicated gpu". The uneducated buyer will see this and think to himself/herself, "Wow, a GPU! I must BUY this" The reality is only the GTX line makes sense when it comes to productivity/gaming and the MX line albeit, not terrible but certainly doesn't give the consumer the most bang for its buck.

DragonFox

Quote from: ilikegames on January 19, 2021, 14:18:25The reality is only the GTX line makes sense when it comes to productivity/gaming and the MX line albeit, not terrible but certainly doesn't give the consumer the most bang for its buck.

You forgot about the Quadro for the professional side, but i agree.

That being said, Quadro has some garbage too. like the M1200 which i'm currently borrowing while waiting for a new CAD system.
This thing is barely any faster than a gt950 on a good day. Usually it's similar to a 940m from my testing. The only difference is that certain software work better with Quadro's

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview