News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Ryzen 7 5700G boosting to 4.6 GHz offers unspectacular results on Geekbench compared to Ryzen 7 4700G but it's early days for the AMD desktop APU

Started by Redaktion, January 11, 2021, 11:52:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

An AMD Ryzen 7 5700G desktop APU has been spotted being tested on a Linux (Ubuntu) system on Geekbench 5. The Ryzen 7 5700G utilized an MSI MAG B550M Mortar motherboard and reached a boost clock of 4.66 GHz. However, the engineering sample's results weren't particularly greater than those of the Renoir Ryzen 7 4700G.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Ryzen-7-5700G-boosting-to-4-6-GHz-offers-unspectacular-results-on-Geekbench-compared-to-Ryzen-7-4700G-but-it-s-early-days-for-the-AMD-desktop-APU.514334.0.html

DiMart

Good job comparing a windows benchmark to a linux one. 👍🏼👍🏼
Highest score I could find of the 4700G running on Linux was not even 7k.
May I suggest you update the article with this information?

Laurence Parry

Not too surprising. The power limits are likely to mean there's not much progress in multi-core. Conversely, increased responsiveness from single-core performance is key for mobile and all-in-one systems designed for interactive use.

That said I think I'll still be waiting for a system with built-in AV1 decode - especially important for mobile power use, heat and leaving CPU cores free.

Konstantios

Quote from: DiMart on January 12, 2021, 14:17:40
Good job comparing a windows benchmark to a linux one. 👍🏼👍🏼
Highest score I could find of the 4700G running on Linux was not even 7k.
May I suggest you update the article with this information?

hahaha, that's sooooo true!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview