News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xiaomi Mi Band 5 allegedly does a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and explodes while charging

Started by Redaktion, January 07, 2021, 12:09:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

An owner of a Xiaomi Mi Band 5 fitness tracker has taken to Reddit to report about the gadget exploding while it was being charged. Apparently, it was the global version of the Mi Band 5 wearable and was not a copy or mishandled in any way. Issues likes this have been frequently reported in regard to smartphones, such as the notorious Samsung Galaxy Note 7 episode.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-Mi-Band-5-allegedly-does-a-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-7-and-explodes-while-charging.513897.0.html

James Rawnsley

I find this interesting and worrying as mine isn't holding charge very well. It's down to about 5 days. It would be interesting to know if he was having any battery issues before.

Jolyne

This is really interesting. I'm currently wearing mine and am on day 8 since last full charge. I don't use a power adapter though, my power bar has 2 USB slots that I just plug the cable into.

Definitely gonna keep an eye on mine though just in case. I wonder if the one that exploded was exposed to water in any capacity beforehand?

No name

I think the more logical question is whether the watch is hit or dropped. There are many documented ignitions of devices with lithium-ion or lithium-polymer batteries, when charged. Specifying that they had been hit before.

Simon1966

OK
I am member of mi 3,4,5 group. I have seen this particular picture of mi 5 with description of exploding whilst charging. Someone replied, explained that mi 5 was hit with hammer.
Personally I believe this mi 5 owner did suffer the problem as described as she admitted to throwing item as well. If my xiaomi mi band 3 exploded I'd do the same. Plus owner reported to many online places, to make people aware. Mi 5 does have a magnetic charge, and I have seen magnetic usb phone charge cables. Maybe research needs to be on the agenda for mag-charge hardware.
Some usb items I have heard by irl by word of mouth do explode, like power banks, phones etc. I hope owner gets money back, plus an apology and compensation for being frightened and damage to affected . I advise owner to purchase mi 3,or 4,as it has a usb cradle charge as mine hasn't blown up YET! Sorry if I seem harsh.  ;)

RinzImpulse

Mine is fine, though I do agree it has battery life issue like reply below.

Even sometimes I charge my mi band 5 while it's still wet and still fine. Maybe he's using bad charger?

Abidi

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview