News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ROG Strix laptops consisting of AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 and Ryzen 9 5900HX with GeForce RTX 3080 impress in Geekbench OpenCL

Started by Redaktion, January 07, 2021, 06:52:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A couple of Asus ROG Strix laptops have been spotted being tested on Geekbench and both featured potent Ryzen 5000/GeForce RTX 30 series combinations. A Ryzen 7 5800H was paired off with a GeForce RTX 3070 while an AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX teamed up with an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 mobile GPU. The OpenCL scores in both tests were outstanding.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Strix-laptops-consisting-of-AMD-Ryzen-7-5800H-with-Nvidia-GeForce-RTX-3070-and-Ryzen-9-5900HX-with-GeForce-RTX-3080-impress-in-Geekbench-OpenCL.513881.0.html

Arnav

Quote from: Redaktion on January 07, 2021, 06:52:32
A couple of Asus ROG Strix laptops have been spotted being tested on Geekbench and both featured potent Ryzen 5000/GeForce RTX 30 series combinations. A Ryzen 7 5800H was paired off with a GeForce RTX 3070 laptop GPU while an AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX teamed up with an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 mobile GPU.
I am kind of a newbie, but what is the difference between laptop GPU and mobile GPU ? Like it is mentioned in the article RTX 3070 'laptop' GPU & RTX 3080 'mobile' GPU.
I thought there were only two categories mainly in Nvidia GPUs, 'desktop' for PCs mostly and 'mobile' for laptops mostly (not considering the Ti, Max-Q,P variants).
Is there another laptop category too, taking the total categories to 3 ?

Also, I believe RTX 30-XX series 'mobile' GPUs are yet to be unveiled  ( on12 Jan at the CES 2021) or maybe Asus already got their hands on them..

Spunjji

Quote from: Arnav on January 07, 2021, 12:17:58
...what is the difference between laptop GPU and mobile GPU?

They're the same thing. As you thought, the difference is between desktop and mobile (laptop) GPUs.

Within the mobile GPUs there are Max-Q (lower power) and Max-P (highest performance) variants.

Arnav

Quote from: Spunjji on January 08, 2021, 13:45:35They're the same thing. As you thought, the difference is between desktop and mobile (laptop) GPUs.

Within the mobile GPUs there are Max-Q (lower power) and Max-P (highest performance) variants.
Yeah, thanks. I think the author mixed up some terms.
Anyway, the RTX 30XX series is shaping up to be quite an improvement over their RTX 20XX series counterparts.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview