News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nvidia mobile RTX 3080 Max-P versus Max-Q: specs and estimated performance

Started by Redaktion, January 06, 2021, 16:56:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The RTX 3080 Max-P would only be a few percent faster than the RTX 3060 Ti desktop GPU, since it appears to be limited to 115 W TGP by default. On the other hand, the 80 W RTX 3080 Max-Q would be as fast as the GTX 1080 Ti desktop model, and 74% slower than the RTX 3080 desktop GPU.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-mobile-RTX-3080-Max-P-versus-Max-Q-specs-and-estimated-performance.513754.0.html

Gregory Isaacs

If these numbers are true, i'm seeing any compelling reason to upgrade my GTX1080/8950HK. Especially since i can hookup the graphics amplifier, and just use an RTX 3080 or RX6800XT.

What a shame, now hoping that AMD can and will match their desktop counterparts IF they release mobile SKU's

Faulsedo

S.Yu

It would actually be pretty amazing if the performance could scale with power nearly linearly across such a wide range.
Even I, with a pretty pessimistic estimate for the mobile versions, think this is too far off the mark.

Muhammad Arief Wibawa

This is quite embarasing, the 10 Series was the first gen mobile gpu where "M" or mobile epithet  was removed, due to less performance disparity to the drsktop counterpart. I have 1050 laptop, and it is comparable to desktop version even beat it sometimes (and also other 10 series, too)

But now, "M" epithet should be returned, since the performance is downgrade to the desktop version.

Anonyneko

This does make me feel a little better for buying a 2070 Max-Q Razer Blade just two months ago (on a good discount). That said, this is both expected and a shame, guess I'll actually build a desktop for the first time in 15 years — whenever desktop parts actually become available, that is.

docarterTrump4Ever

Quote from: Muhammad Arief Wibawa on January 07, 2021, 06:42:34
...  triggered ...

Does your country have oil?
If yes, maybe, we the greatest nation on earth could send some troops geologists to teach you about GeForce mobile GPUs and democracy?

Denis

It seems we have now reached the thermal wall for laptops. They make them thinner and thinner, yet they try to install i9s with RTX 3080s, only way it can work is buy castrating the TDP on the graphics card, unless you want an oven on your lap. Until they find a way to generate more power from less energy wattage, we will increase this annoyance and soon hit the thermal desktop wall!

ximp00h

Quote from: docarterTrump4Ever on January 09, 2021, 03:12:51Does your country have oil?
If yes, maybe, we the greatest nation on earth could send some troops geologists to teach you about GeForce mobile GPUs and democracy?
No, we have plenty of 'cheap' labour here in XinJi@ng. Thank you for the offer anyway.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview