News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell redesigns the Latitude 9420 business convertible with 16:10 display, Intel Tiger Lake vPro, 5G, and automatic SafeShutter, but RAM continues to remain soldered

Started by Redaktion, January 05, 2021, 15:01:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dell has spruced-up its premium Latitude 9000 series lineup with a design refresh and internal upgrades. The Latitude 9420 comes in both 2-in-1 and traditional laptop form factors. Both variants sport 16:10 displays and are powered by Intel 11th gen Tiger Lake processors with vPro configurations. The new Latitude 9420 also offers an automatic SafeShutter for the webcam and AI-powered Dell Optimizer software.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-redesigns-the-Latitude-9420-business-convertible-with-16-10-display-Intel-Tiger-Lake-vPro-5G-and-automatic-SafeShutter-but-RAM-continues-to-remain-soldered.513030.0.html

JayN

ChinaLiedPeopleDied

Soldered memory is ok as long as you can get 32GB with dual channel, but the lack of AMD processors is a disgrace.

Nobody wants outdated 14nm+++++++++++++++++ hardware

Vit

Ohh, this one is MS Modern Standby compliant. And that's the issue. As with my Latitude 5401, this one will also suffer from inability to use normal Sleep mode. Modern Standby is buggy, it crashes the system randomly overnight, or wakes the laptop while it's in the backpack. Definitely not for the power users,  no buy.

ChristianU

So, uh, what exactly do we need the motor-driven shutter for? I think a webcam that un-shutter-s itself when it's turned on is exactly the same as a webcam that doesn't have a shutter in the first place. Except it weighs more and draws more power.

Is there a cunning plan behind this that I'm not seeing, or did they really put negative-value hardware into this computer?

LePeurre

Ugh, will the cooling also suck as much as in other Latitude Notebooks?

The fan curve on my 5490 is absolutely horrendous. Jet engine sound levels while idling. Unacceptable for a business notebook, screw you Dell!

And an automatic camera shutter? WTF, will be great once this fails...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview