News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung will release ten new OLED panels for laptops this February, including the first-ever 15.6-inch 1080p version for budget builds

Started by Redaktion, January 05, 2021, 13:37:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We could be seeing considerably more laptops with OLED displays this year as Samsung is preparing to introduce 10 new models with sizes ranging from 13.3 to 16 inches. There will be updated 4K screens, as well as new budget-friendly 15.6-inch 1080p versions with improved color gamuts superior to those found on LGs TV panels.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-will-release-ten-new-OLED-panels-for-laptops-this-February-including-the-first-ever-15-6-inch-1080p-version-for-budget-builds.513019.0.html

David Pinheiro

Not sure if this depends on the panel or the laptop manufacturer but is it possible to get a laptop with one of these and adaptive sync?

wersy2

Great! Display is the single biggest upgrade most laptops need, especially the 2-in-1s

Hopefully they figured out burn-in and power consumption issues and we might get close to perfect machines.

aenews

Quote from: wersy2 on January 05, 2021, 16:49:36
Great! Display is the single biggest upgrade most laptops need, especially the 2-in-1s

Hopefully they figured out burn-in and power consumption issues and we might get close to perfect machines.
We have two 15.6" 4K AMOLED panels in my household, have been used for a year. I'd say that you will have minimal burn-in concerns as long as you set the task-bar to Auto Hide.

Dorby

I'm just glad Samsung is finally normalizing OLED laptop displays, and that they're making a 1080p panel.
I love 4K, but the battery drain, especially with OLED on higher brightness is more than double that of a 1W 1080p LP-IPS display.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview