News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus hikes prices for its graphics cards and motherboards: Already costly ROG Strix Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 White OC Edition Gaming goes from US$1,849.99 to US$2,109.99

Started by Redaktion, January 05, 2021, 11:40:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Asus has revealed that a wide range of its premium graphics cards and motherboards have had their prices increased. For example, the Asus ROG Strix Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 White OC Edition Gaming card now costs over US$2,100, and the ROG Strix LC AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT that was US$899.99 at launch is now priced at US$1,079.99.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-hikes-prices-for-its-graphics-cards-and-motherboards-Already-costly-ROG-Strix-Nvidia-GeForce-RTX-3090-White-OC-Edition-Gaming-goes-from-US-1-849-99-to-US-2-109-99.513133.0.html

Felipe Muggiati Feldman

I am completely fine with them doing this.

The type of person who will bother with a ROG STRIX version of a top-SKU GPU might have more money than brains. If you believe that these updated prices are too high, then just get a less insanely overkill model! Even the Founder's Edition/reference model versions have adequate cooling, while overclocking any of these cards is a relatively moot point for this generation (seeing as they already guzzle power and have quickly diminishing returns).

The people who had their heart set on a Strict 3080 White Edition won't care about the slight (percentually speaking!) price increase on these cards.

Boost

Shame on you for writing a misleading article.  While it sounds like these price hikes are substantial, you are being intentionally misleading.

Quotethere is a mention of the white version of the RTX 3070 priced at a whopping US$779.99. That latter graphics card had a launch price of US$499 for the basic design when it was released in October.

You're comparing Apples and Oranges here.  You should be comparing prices of the same model.  What was the price of the "white version of the RTX 3070" before?  What was the price of the "basic design" after?  You can't compare the after of one to the before of another!

URealDumbHuh

Quote from: Felipe Muggiati Feldman on January 05, 2021, 17:57:55
The people who had their heart set on a Strict 3080 White Edition won't care about the slight (percentually speaking!) price increase on these cards.

Speak for yourself... I for one have been trying to land a Strix 3080 White. Sure the price increase isn't substantial but when you count the fact that bots are gobbling up any and every new card that releases and already inflating prices don't you think this will only make them push those ridiculous prices even higher? The only reason they're even doing this is because they've seen the crazy amounts people are willing to pay scalpers just to get their hands on the latest thing and they feel like they're missing out on that profit!  >:(

Jtm94

This isn't really a company greed decision. We need the politicians in the US to re-enact these tariff exclusions, that is the real talking point about all of this. Very misleading article.

Dylan

Considering the only people getting cards for retail are the second hand companies with bots, that mean expect to pay another 350-500 on top of the new price for a 3090.

Probably 300$ more for the 3080
And so on. 

I paid 1,100 for my 3080 recently to finish my build I can only imagine what they will be going for once all companies follow. 

Keith Jones

I'm glad I got my 3090 Strix OC for MSRP. The new price is $179 more. I recently swapped from a 3090 TUF gaming OC, which I also got for MSRP.

Good luck to anyone wanting these cards in the future.

Scott Burningham

It's sad to see the manufacturers hopping on the scalper bandwagon. What scumbags. Don't buy these cards. Screw these scumbags over. Just say no.

naine

Quote from: Scott Burningham on January 06, 2021, 19:49:24
It's sad to see the manufacturers hopping on the scalper bandwagon. What scumbags. Don't buy these cards. Screw these scumbags over. Just say no.

This is 100% not what ASUS is doing. Scalpers exploit supply and demand to artificially maximise profit. ASUS is responding to increased import tariffs. They do not profit from this.

Garg

Quote from: naine on January 07, 2021, 01:18:29
Quote from: Scott Burningham on January 06, 2021, 19:49:24

This is 100% not what ASUS is doing. Scalpers exploit supply and demand to artificially maximise profit. ASUS is responding to increased import tariffs. They do not profit from this.

Make this comment only when you ensure the prices will be back on track after the increased import tariffs are back to normal.

_MT_

Quote from: Garg on January 07, 2021, 05:19:36
Make this comment only when you ensure the prices will be back on track after the increased import tariffs are back to normal.
Why? It's a reason for increasing prices. It's you who should keep the comments about profiteering until tariffs go down and prices stay up beyond a reasonable delay (which is generally a common problem - prices tend to go down much slower then up). I haven't seen Asus making this adjustment for my market. Surely, you don't expect them to pay for US policy out of their own profit margin. It's not like you can get cards "made in USA". You're dependent on imports and you should be glad they haven't doubled their prices to return the favour (of course, that would require a cartel).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview