News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Overclocked Intel Core i9-11900K @5.2 GHz on all cores can beat the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X in single-thread and multithread benchmarks but at a massive power cost

Started by Redaktion, January 02, 2021, 05:37:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Rocket Lake Intel Core i9-11900K processor has turned up another astonishing CPU-Z benchmark score, with an overclocked sample with all cores at 5.2 GHz managing higher single-thread and multithread test results than the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X. But the power cost for a slight improvement might be too high for many.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Overclocked-Intel-Core-i9-11900K-5-2-GHz-on-all-cores-can-beat-the-AMD-Ryzen-7-5800X-in-single-thread-and-multithread-benchmarks-but-at-a-massive-power-cost.512734.0.html

Grinnie Jax

I feel sorry for Intel..  :( had to pump the consumption x2.5 times compared to (not even top!) AMD CPUs only to "win" laughable 6%... And most probably had to use a 1-kilowatt chiller to cool it. It makes you feel really sorry for Intel, that their upcoming generation of CPUs can't compete with AMD's current at all, losing over twice in efficiency. It's like AMD are beating a baby kid...

deksman2

How can you recommend the Intel chip at all?
In single core performance (under stock) we're talking under 5% lead and lower multi-core performance, and in multi-core, AMD easily takes the lead.

Its just absurd.
It's 2021.
Who prioritizes a cpu for single core performance if it has less than 5% lead?

And for intel to need 2.5x more power just to barely beat AMD's by 6% is PATHETIC.

Djk

Right around the time these chips started showing up, the Hawaiian lava lake started forming. Hmmmm....

S.Yu

Ryguy

All the and fanboys crying about how it took intel Alot of power to achieve beating AMDs. Realize there still on 14mm kids, lol. Which is quite impressive, bet amd couldn't pull off the same.

Grinnie Jax

Quote from: S.Yu on January 02, 2021, 16:57:28
This is already pretty impressive considering this is still running on 14nm.

No, it's not. Actually, Intel's 14nm are almost equal to TSMC's 7 nm, there isn't that much room for improvement. Moreover - ever wondered why they make only mobile 10nm chips? These aren't as frequency scalable as 14nm chips, yet much more energy efficient at lower frequencies. Intel is indeed in weird situation when they can't compete with AMD, only lower the prices.

Semi

Intel still having trouble bringing desktop 10nm, most likely because those chips have bad yield and having trouble getting them to boost as high as the current 14++++++ cpu.

annonymous

Intel is not trying to impress anyone, they are trying to sell their competing chips when supply shortages exist from AMD. No CPUs vs CPUs is the logic here. Rocket lake will also have PCIE 4.0 which kept many from purchasing their existing line-up. These next chips will sell if shortages remain.

Tymb

Raymonf

Quote from: Ryguy on January 02, 2021, 17:21:37
All the and fanboys crying about how it took intel Alot of power to achieve beating AMDs. Realize there still on 14mm kids, lol. Which is quite impressive, bet amd couldn't pull off the same.

If a superior manufacturing process can supposedly give better results for Intel, why aren't they doing it? Why are they sticking to 14nm+++++++, when the smaller AMD can?

Besides, Intel's 14nm is barely worse than TSMC's 7nm.

Grinnie Jax

Quote from: Tymb on January 03, 2021, 00:09:25
What about AMD PL2 limit? Ignore it because it's not available? Zen can't even reach 5Ghz.

Really? I am now seeing my 5950X boosting to 5.1Ghz..

Spunjji

Quote from: Ryguy on January 02, 2021, 17:21:37

Oh look, another Intel shill trying to pass off the absolute catastrophe that is Intel's manufacturing f***-ups as if it's some sort of achievement. 🤭

AMD can't make a chip this good on GloFo 14nm, for sure - that's why they're on TSMC 7nm and moving to 5nm by the end of this year. When's Intel's equivalent to that - 7nm - due again? 🤔

This is the kind of malformed thinking that leads people to believe the Earth is flat.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview