News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dasung wants to save your eyes with their 25.3-inch Paperlike 253 e-ink desktop monitor

Started by Redaktion, December 31, 2020, 05:17:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dasung, the Beijing-based manufacturer of e-ink monitors, has announced their plans via Weibo to create their largest display yet. The new model is a 25.3-inch e-ink monitor, much larger than Dasung's existing 10.3-inch e-ink tablet and 13.3-inch portable e-ink display.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dasung-wants-to-save-your-eyes-with-their-25-3-inch-Paperlike-253-e-ink-desktop-monitor.512596.0.html

yuio

Interesting, but the price is high.
You can buy an LG OLED for the same money and you have colors, 4K, 120Hz and no hassle with warranty.
Last time I checked if you're living in EU for warranty you had to send the monitor in China.

Fse

OLED is what this type of technology is trying to avoid - active light sources that have multiple undesirable characteristics. OLED in particular has a lot of deep blue light, which is damaging to human eyes. You know all those gaming glasses and monitor modes that removes blue from the spectrum? That's why they are there. OLED is far worse than LCD for this problem. There is no health regulation on the market yet where I am for blue light emission, so you just have to deal with it.

Passive e-ink displays can't solve all problems and especially the main ones associated with prolonged stare at fixed distance, short distance objects. Lots of Chinese kids today are myopic from prolonged reading.

Happy Dev

For there target audience the price is ok.

It's price for the healthier eyes.

I've been using 13" over 3 years, and 25 inch is my dream come true, almost, I'd love it to have a bit of colour, but that's next step

A

Quote from: Fse on December 31, 2020, 14:21:04
OLED is what this type of technology is trying to avoid - active light sources that have multiple undesirable characteristics. OLED in particular has a lot of deep blue light, which is damaging to human eyes. You know all those gaming glasses and monitor modes that removes blue from the spectrum? That's why they are there. OLED is far worse than LCD for this problem. There is no health regulation on the market yet where I am for blue light emission, so you just have to deal with it.

What are you talking about? If you look at the spectrum of LED vs OLED, LED has far more intense Blue than OLED. You are confusing OLED having higher color gamut (capable of more blues) with intensity.

Not to mention OLED has each color separate, so when you remove blue, it is truly gone. In comparison, for LCD the blue is still there just gets filtered but it isn't perfect and can bleed.

This shouldn't of course be confused with LG's WOLEDs which use only white OLED back-lighting has high blue just like LEDs. But that is due to LG's choice to use WOLED backlighting, true OLED that you find on tablets and phones produces much more natural light with less intense Blue's. So lets not blame the OLED technology as a whole.

Passive e-ink displays can't solve all problems and especially the main ones associated with prolonged stare at fixed distance, short distance objects. Lots of Chinese kids today are myopic from prolonged reading.

Well, it would be nice if large e-ink prices drop, they are quite expensive due to tight patents and low economies of scale. There is also a competitor with that new TCL technology that uses light reflection, the NXTPAPER though I havent seen how good it is but it has potential.

esolution.center

SEO Group Buy service, Esolution.Center, Private SEO Tools Group Buy Provider. Enjoy Using All SEO Group Buy Like a Ghost. https://esolution.center/

Bro...

QuoteDeep blue light, which is damaging to human eyes

QuoteYou know all those gaming glasses and monitor modes that removes blue from the spectrum? That's why they are there.
Though it had more to do with IQ distribution, tbh

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview