News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro camera faces serious problems and looks like a hardware issue

Started by Redaktion, December 29, 2020, 11:03:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Although in many scenarios the main camera of the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro delivers at least good results, disaster often strikes when facing various light sources such as the sun and the moon, but not limited to them. In these cases, the results include reflections and artifacts that simply ruin the photos or videos.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-Mi-10T-Pro-camera-faces-serious-problems-and-looks-like-a-hardware-issue.512394.0.html

Mr.Noob

This is likely to be a lens reflection that actually happened with so many other models from other manufacturers as well.

When light from bright light source hit camera lens(which is shiny), then a reflection will bounce out from that shiny lens, hit an outer glass camera cover and make it look like there is glaring spot that can be moving around like in that video. This can be a green spot or what ever color and shape depending on how manufacturers coating that camera glass and the shape of the source. Also, the wider the gap between lens and outer glass, the more apparent the reflection in end result photo/video.

Ps.Sorry for my bad English, Im not from native English speaking countries.

Mr.Noob

Quote from: Mr.Noob on December 29, 2020, 12:42:02
This is likely to be a lens reflection that actually happened with so many other models from other manufacturers as well.

When light from bright light source hit camera lens(which is shiny), then a reflection will bounce out from that shiny lens, hit an outer glass camera cover and make it look like there is glaring spot that can be moving around like in that video. This can be a green spot or what ever color and shape depending on how manufacturers coating that camera glass and the shape of the source. Also, the wider the gap between lens and outer glass, the more apparent the reflection in end result photo/video.

Also, the bigger/larger the lens' surface area and outer glass cover is usually prone to more apparent reflection.

Codrut Nistor

Quote from: Mr.Noob on December 29, 2020, 12:42:02

Totally agree with you, but this should not be that obvious and the worst part of it is that diagonal line that looks like video card memory problems-related artifacts. A bit of lens flare/reflections/ghosting could be avoided, but having to avoid most lights at night when trying to snap a decent shot doesn't sound like fun. At least the phone is awesome if we talk about the sound part, but that's a whole different story.
Quote from: ST3LL4 on December 29, 2020, 12:12:50
Well, just same as iPhone. It's ghosting.
... at least it's roughly half the price of an "affordable" iPhone and it has a lot of good things going for it, for example the macro camera - when used in good light and maybe even with manual settings, it can deliver excellent results. :)

VaruLV

Lol, try shooting Christmas tree with Christmas tree lights on it, then youll see lots of small light "drops", in fact, as many as there are on the tree itself, they all will reflect and be visible in picture and thats with my 12 mini!
So, they still have some way going to fix this hw issue in future phone updates, including AR coating on lenses, I reckon.

Domenico

I have the same green light problem and I cannot trust the phone with my videography work. I am changing the phone.
Regards,
Domenico

splus

I have the Mi 10T Pro and I've never noticed such a thing. I just went out in dark and shot some photos of street light in a distance and there are no artifacts.
A friend of mine who takes a LOT of photos and edits them every day with his 10T Pro also never noticed such a thing.

I think you simply have a faulty unit.
Why not ask for a replacement unit from Xiaomi before making pompous claims like the title of this article? You can't assume it's a widespread hardware issue just based on your own phone.

Marco Esteban

I have both the 9T Pro and the 10T Pro both with the latest GCam port and do not have this issue.

Innocent Man

When I bought the my Mi10T Pro phone it was working perfectly OK, but then I realised there is a glare wobbling when trying to take a photo very close by. I have checked this problem with another phone and it worked well on the other phone.

S.Yu

Andrew C-S

Funnily enough the moon is out tonight in Southwest England, so I took my Mi10Tpro out and took a few photos. There is lens flare, but not too bad.
However interestingly enough I also took my Huawei Mate 20x with me as well and took shots on this and the Lens glare is the same, no better no worse, the only thing with the Mate 20X is that it has a moon mode that artificially darkens the sky and supposedly enhances the moon to remove the flare, but various people think that Hauwei just overlay an image of the moon through software and what you actually take isn't the real thing.

Prince

Hahahaha to stupid phone issue or the user has no idea to use a camera on phone hahahaha is this a joke

UnknownCharacter

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview