News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

New Geekbench listings indicate that the Exynos 2100 performs on par with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888

Started by Redaktion, December 22, 2020, 16:52:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Samsung Exynos 2100 has left quite an impression on the Geekbench. Alongside the Galaxy S21 Ultra, the chipset consistently managed to post single-core scores of ~1,100 and multi-core scores of ~3,600, putting it on par with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/New-Geekbench-listings-indicate-that-the-Exynos-2100-performs-on-par-with-the-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-888.511501.0.html

ChrisGX

ARM's CPU core performance projections are normally very close to the mark. The Snapdragon 888's single threaded integer performance is exactly what you would have supposed for a CPU using an X1 Prime core at 2.84GHz.

The story will likely be the same for the Exynos 2100. That SoC which will have CPU cores clocked at slightly higher frequencies than the SD888 will also likely have slightly better CPU single and multi-threaded integer performance. But, that won't matter much because the Adreno 660 in the SD888 will outpace the Mali GPU in the Exynos 2100 SoC and that will probably be a more significant factor in practice.

xpclient

I am sorry but I have been out of the loop with Exynos. Can anyone tell me if it has all the extra goodies that Qualcomm SoCs generally have?

Qualcomm has a lot of proprietary technologies in their SoCs e.g. various Bluetooth related codecs e.g. AptX, hardware accelerated video encoding for many codecs - HEVC, HEVC 10-bit etc, proprietary graphics APIs (Vulcan, DX12), various HDR formats, multi-frame video HDR, many such proprietary s***. Their Image Signal Processor also has many of these things.

Also, Qualcomm have one of the most complete Wi-Fi 6 implementation with all the optional features of the spec.

Can anyone tell me if Samsung Exynos has it too and MediaTek Dimensity 1000/1000 Plus? These alternative SoCs needs to add ALL of that to compete. Because I have noticed Samsung flagship phones like Galaxy S20 Ultra still do not include things like aptX Adaptive.

Sprovino

On my Note 20 Ultra I am able to take HEVC encoded videos, shoot HEIF, have aptx among other codecs (I use the proprietary Scalable Codec from Samsung) shoot HDR pictures and videos, take benchmarks using Vulkan APIs (not sure about DX12 but never heard of Snapdragon doing that) and have pictures comparable with the Snapdragon counterpart (although someone claims the Snapdragon variant shoots better because of thier ISP) Samsung flagships run on both platforms varying by region and close to zero differences in software!

S.Yu

Quote from: ChrisGX on December 23, 2020, 05:34:09
ARM's CPU core performance projections are normally very close to the mark. The Snapdragon 888's single threaded integer performance is exactly what you would have supposed for a CPU using an X1 Prime core at 2.84GHz.

The story will likely be the same for the Exynos 2100. That SoC which will have CPU cores clocked at slightly higher frequencies than the SD888 will also likely have slightly better CPU single and multi-threaded integer performance. But, that won't matter much because the Adreno 660 in the SD888 will outpace the Mali GPU in the Exynos 2100 SoC and that will probably be a more significant factor in practice.
True.
Quote from: Sprovino on December 24, 2020, 17:11:32
On my Note 20 Ultra I am able to take HEVC encoded videos, shoot HEIF, have aptx among other codecs (I use the proprietary Scalable Codec from Samsung) shoot HDR pictures and videos, take benchmarks using Vulkan APIs (not sure about DX12 but never heard of Snapdragon doing that) and have pictures comparable with the Snapdragon counterpart (although someone claims the Snapdragon variant shoots better because of thier ISP) Samsung flagships run on both platforms varying by region and close to zero differences in software!
I have no answer to the question but I don't think you're answering the question. The guy asked for hardware support, and what you mention can almost always be covered by software, at a far lower efficiency.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview