News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Samsung Galaxy S II can now be upgraded to Android 11 thanks to LineageOS 18.0

Started by Redaktion, December 21, 2020, 19:31:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Many of Samsung's recent smartphones may be ineligible for Android 11, but a developer has ported Google's latest OS to the Galaxy S II. The nine-year-old device can be upgraded to LineageOS 18.0, albeit an alpha and unofficial port of the popular custom ROM.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-can-now-be-upgraded-to-Android-11-thanks-to-LineageOS-18-0.511405.0.html

toven

Miss the days that we can swap phone batteries by open their back covers. No need for huge power banks.

redfire998

I sure as heck don't miss those days, battery life was awful if you intended to do anything worthwhile on your smartphone. Not to mention having to turn off wifi/data/bluetooth/gps to get "good" battery life.

XDA-Developer4Life

The Lineage 18.0 custom ROM for the Galaxy S2 is extremely smooth and responsive considering its unofficial status as an alpha build. All major functions appear to function normally, including RIL, Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS and various hardware sensors. Android 11 for a nine-year-old device is quite extraordinary. Hats off to the dev.

Tov

Quote from: redfire998 on December 21, 2020, 23:12:06
I sure as heck don't miss those days, battery life was awful if you intended to do anything worthwhile on your smartphone. Not to mention having to turn off wifi/data/bluetooth/gps to get "good" battery life.
1.your phone battery can't survive 9 years without swapable battery.
2. I still miss the days that my friend charge his iphone4 3times while my galaxy note4 still not finish my first battery and my spare battery still waiting in my pocket.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview