News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Budget Asus VivoBook 15 F512DA with Ryzen 3, 8 GB RAM, 1080p display, and 128 GB SSD is down to $350 USD

Started by Redaktion, December 20, 2020, 03:54:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The affordable laptop comes with both a faster processor and more RAM than what you might expect from something in its price range.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Budget-Asus-VivoBook-15-F512DA-with-Ryzen-3-8-GB-RAM-1080p-display-and-128-GB-SSD-is-down-to-350-USD.511007.0.html

Johnny S

There is also a 10th Gen Core i3 configuration of this machine, which benchmarks better than the Ryzen 3 and is the one that I bought for US$399 earlier this year.

Matt Thompson

I opted for Ryzen 5, which also includes a 1TB hard disk. I immediately swapped out the 4GB RAM module for the rated maximum 16GB RAM module, for a total of 20GB (but sadly you cannot dedicate the entire 4GB soldered RAM to video) and am happy with it. Only complaint is Asus's comically thinned-down never pad. All functions are forced into 3 columns instead of 4, making data entry and calculator functions a bit more difficult if you're used to a more traditional layout. That's one thing Dell always got right.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview