News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

LG Gram 2021 refresh launched with Tiger Lake processors, three colour options and a new 16-inch model

Started by Redaktion, December 16, 2020, 18:53:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

LG has unveiled three new Gram laptops featuring Intel Tiger Lake processors. The South Korean company has brought Thunderbolt 4 support to the Gram series and three colour options, among other changes. A 16-inch model will replace the existing LG Gram 15 too, bringing with it a much larger trackpad.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/LG-Gram-2021-refresh-launched-with-Tiger-Lake-processors-three-colour-options-and-a-new-16-inch-model.510004.0.html

Gobrel

User8901

Did they fix the keyboard, the backspace is so awkwardly placed, the keyboard is horrible to type on in the 2020 17in.  It's almost unusable, this coming from Lenovo thinkpads and a occasional Macbook airs.

I Carumba

If they are using glossy screens again, also a no-buy from me.  When will they learn that nobody wants glossy screens?   Asus, MSI and most of the other manufacturers have figured this out.

Davidcee

Cheema

I have owned the LG Gram 17" and loved it.  But I am now waiting for the Apple 16" with M1 chip.  I want my laptop to stay cool and stay silent and have a long battery life.  Apple M1 chip, from all reviews I have seen so far, is tough to beat in this regard.

Zazik

Gram series named and known for it's extreme lightweight formfactor, yet there is information about weight missing. Wtf?

RSPC

I wonder if they finally put a LED to signal num lock is on. In current 2020 17 incher, the only way to check whether you have num lock on is an app(!) running in the background (part of LGs bloatware) that shows a pop up message on the screen "num lock on/off". This is just plain stupid.

Dual thunderbolts are welcome. Only one RAM slot that's upgradeable isn't great, but sufficient. No Ryzen option is just sad.

Kop

Due to the use of LPDDR, the single SODIMM slot is gone. The memory is now fully onboard, soldered and there is no more upgradeable slot.

Quote from: RSPC on December 17, 2020, 11:17:47
I wonder if they finally put a LED to signal num lock is on. In current 2020 17 incher, the only way to check whether you have num lock on is an app(!) running in the background (part of LGs bloatware) that shows a pop up message on the screen "num lock on/off". This is just plain stupid.

Dual thunderbolts are welcome. Only one RAM slot that's upgradeable isn't great, but sufficient. No Ryzen option is just sad.

vertigo

So no option for >8GB RAM on the 14" version, again. It's amazing the choices these OEMs keep making to completely ruin their products.

Trero

For everyone wanting a LG Gram with more than 16 GB of RAM, grab a 2020 model. The new one has no expandable SODIMM slot. I was able to get 24 GB of RAM on my 2020 LG Gram.

Richard M Sartori

The keyboard is awful and the lack of a standard SD card slot makes me pass on this. For us photographers, the shiny IPS screen and standard SD card slot is a must. I returned it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview