News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Rocket Lake-S SKUs and specifications leak: Core i9-11900K to offer 8C/16T, 5.3 GHz single-core and 4.8 GHz all-core boosts with 16 MB L3 cache

Started by Redaktion, December 11, 2020, 23:08:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Information about several Intel Rocket Lake-S SKUs including the Core i9-11900K, Core i7-11700K, Core i5-11600K, and the Core i5-11400 have leaked online. The specs largely seem to resemble the Comet Lake generation but indicate anywhere between 100 MHz to 200 MHz single and all-core boosts. Pricing is expected to be similar to Comet Lake-S.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Rocket-Lake-S-SKUs-and-specifications-leak-Core-i9-11900K-to-offer-8C-16T-5-3-GHz-single-core-and-4-8-GHz-all-core-boosts-with-16-MB-L3-cache.509088.0.html

Sakamoto

If this holds up, it sounds like Intel may be able to match AMDs performance at a cheaper price point.  Assuming they're the same price as comet lake.  Problem will be efficiency, keeping it cool.

Sakamoto

Sorry for the double post.  To clarify, that only applies to gaming.  Productivity, AMD spanks Intel.  Badly.

epicbuilder2007

So basically, Intel's rocket lake i9-11900 is an i7-11700 with a higher clockspeed. Gee I wonder how much Intel's gonna mark up the price because of the Core i9 name.

JayN

There are recent SSDs and GPU cards tht can benefit from the higher bandwidth enabled by the 20 PCIE4 lanes.

What are the integrated GPU EU counts for these SKUs?

Jaop

Just call it Coreium already. Named after the nuclear reactor meltdown product corium. Crawled out of Chernobyl.

Mehul Parashar

All intel has to do is price them lower than their direct AMD counterparts... please don't mess this up Intel

Spunjji

Quote from: Mehul Parashar on December 13, 2020, 20:09:08
All intel has to do is price them lower than their direct AMD counterparts... please don't mess this up Intel

This really is the key. Performance should be competitive with AMD's equivalent core count parts, albeit with dramatically worse power characteristics, so they really need to account for that (significant) deficit by dropping prices significantly.

This is Intel, though, so I expect we'll see them price them equivalently (at retail) and brute-force the OEM market as per usual. AMD simply can't supply enough products to actually lock Intel out of the market, so they'll more than likely get away with it, too.

_MT_

L3 cache is smaller because there are fewer cores. It still works out to 2 MiB per core (while it's shared, the total size depends on core count; as evidenced by the models with fewer cores).

_MT_

Quote from: epicbuilder2007 on December 12, 2020, 12:14:18
So basically, Intel's rocket lake i9-11900 is an i7-11700 with a higher clockspeed. Gee I wonder how much Intel's gonna mark up the price because of the Core i9 name.
It was like that with 9700, 9700K, 9900 and 9900K, wasn't it? Plus the HT was disabled, to differentiate the product more. The 900 was higher bin than 700 (more efficient, able to stay stable at higher frequencies). The K versions have higher power limits (allowing higher frequencies) and might be higher bins than respective non-K as well.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview